Hawke Match Mounts
Hawke Match 1"/25mm 1 PIECE - MEDIUM Rifle Scope Mount Ring - 9-11mm Airgun Rimfire base - 22104
Hawke Match Rifle Scope 1 PIECE Mount Ring - 1" ring MEDIUM profile height to fit 9-11mm airgun and rimfire dovetail base rails - Hawke model code 22104
Precision engineered from high grade aluminium with rounded edges prevent scope damage.
Please read fitting carefully. Mount returns due to choosing the wrong size are WAY too common and cost us both - and are so easily avoidable! If unsure please ask....
Summary - 1 Piece - 1" - 25mm tube - 9-11mm dovetail base fit (airgun and rimfire type) - medium profile height with 13mm saddle to best suit 30-42mm lens scopes.
- Double hex screws to hold your scope firmly in place
- Recoil stop pin
- Reversible dove tail clamp that fits 9-11mm and 3/8 inch airgun and rimfire bases
- Internal cushion tape prevents marking and damage
- High grade aluminium anodised in matte black
- Base: Fits 9-11mm width dovetail bases commonly found on airguns and rimfire. See http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/blog/?p=50 if unsure how to determine what you have.
- Ring Diameter: 1 inch - 25mm tube scope
- Saddle Height: MEDIUM - Distance from base of mount to bottom of ring (the saddle) is 13mm (0.51")
Scope Lens size suitability - based on scope being fitted onto a flat base rail and scope lens objective being flush to the gun body
- Maximum outer scope case size = 51mm (13mm + 12.5mm ring radius x2)
- This equates to an approx. maximum scope lens size of 42mm as most scope outsides add around 7-12mm.
- Can add more if flip up lens caps are being used so please take this into consideration.
- However if the end of the scope will hang over the gun barrel or if the rail is raised then larger lens scopes can be accommodated.
- Configuration: 1 Piece
- Ring Size (Diameter): 1″ / 25.4mm
- Height: Medium
- Rail: 9-11mm
- Fixings (Rail & Top Cap): Double Hex Screw
- Internal Cushion: Yes
- Retractable 'Recoil Stop' Pin: Yes
- Height: 43mm / 1.7"
- Weight: 139g / 4.9oz
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 1" diameter body tube diameter this would mean deducting 12.7mm and 15mm for scopes with a 30mm diameter body tube.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring - 13mm for this mount
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body.
- A Nikko Nighteater 1" 4-16x44 scope has an outer case measurement of 51mm.
- 51 divided by 2 = 25.5.
- 1" scope so deduct 12.7mm = 12.8mm
- So the mount must have a saddle measure (base of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 12.8mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way does assume your dovetail or base is not raised above or below your rifles barrel. Note some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.