Hawke Vantage 4x32 AO parallax focus Mil Dot Reticle Rifle Scope - 14102
>>> Waterproof, Shockproof, Nitrogen purged.
>>> All calibre rated - airgun, rimfire LR .22 and all major centerfire and shotgun types
>>> Warranty: Hawke Worldwide Warranty
Mil Dot Center Reticle
- 11 layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity
- Adjustable objective for parallax correction - 10 yards (9m) to infinity)
- 1 inch mono-tube chassis for superior strength
- ¼ MOA low profile ‘no-snag’ fingertip turrets
- Fast focus eyebell.
- Threaded objective/ocular for optional accessories
- Mount rings NOT included.
The standard military reticle popular worldwide for the ability to estimate range, aim off points and factor in holdover. You can use it in a simple instinctive way or get really technical with charts and math if you are so inclined - but you don't need to!
32mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- 11 layer fully multi coated for excellent clarity.
- 32mm diameter - Excellent all round small/medium size. Low bulk
4x fixed magnification
Fast focus eyebell
- A simple and easy to use fixed magnification for general purpose hunting from a few yards and up
- Very Easy and very fast focus adjustment
- Ocular eyebell focus from 4 yards. Parallax focus from 9 yards.
Easy, effective ocular focus.
Parallax Focus by Adjustable Objective (AO)
Parallax effect is the term that describes the difference in angles between objects that are seen up close and those seen far away. When you look at telephone poles pass by on the side of the road, those closest to your car seem to pass very fast, while the ones far away seem to go very slow. That difference is due to the parallax effect.
The reticle in your scope is like a telephone pole that's very close. If you move your head on the stock while watching the target through the scope, it's probably possible to see the reticle move against the target. That affects where you perceive the aim point to be, and that affects your accuracy.
Parallax focus correction therefore is a must for anyone attempting to use either a high magnification scope, shooting drastically different yardages with the same scope or anyone attempting to shoot at extremely close ranges or extremely long ranges. Especially so if it is a combination of these factors.
Scopes such as this have Parallax adjustment which basically means you are able to adjust the scope using the twist dial in this case on the lens to reduce the effect significantly.
Important note on parallax focus versus regular ocular focus
A common mistake is to use the parallax adjustment in an attempt to focus the reticle. The ocular end (eye piece) has a focus for the reticle. That is the sole purpose of the ocular focus. Returns have been caused by users attempting to use the reticle focus as an image focus and or using the parallax adjustment as a reticle focus. If you get both of them so far out of whack bad things will happen.
Only use the ocular focus to focus the reticle and only focus the reticle while looking through the scope at the sky. This will keep you from trying to focus an object instead of the reticle.
Ocular Focus (eyepiece) adjusts the scope to the individual shooter's eye... this is a one time adjustment. (For wearers of prescription lenses this could be a multiple procedure event if new prescription arrive.) The purpose of this adjustment is to adjust the scope so that the image of the reticle (crosshairs) is properly aligned with the back of the shooters eye.
Parallax focus adjusts the target to the reticle (crosshair). The target image and the reticle must be on the same focal plane within the scope or there is room for apparent movement of the reticle on the target when the shooters eye moves (or is positioned differently at the scope).
- Chassis: 1" (25mm) Mono-tube
- Magnification range: 4x
- Objective: 32mm
- Reticle: Mil Dot
- Illumination: NA
- Focus/Parallax: Adjustable Objective - 9m / 10yds to Infinity
- Field of View: m @100m / ft @100yds 9.5m / 28.5ft
- Eye relief: 89mm / 3.5″
- Length: 302mm / 11.9″
- Weight: 370g / 13.1oz
- Material: Aluminium
- Exit Pupil: 8mm / 0.3″
- Ocular Type: Fast Focus
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated - 11 Layers
- Power Selector Style: Knurled Posi-Grip
- Elevation and Windage Increment: ¼ MOA
- Elevation and Windage Adjustment Range: 165 MOA
- Turret Caps: YES
- Turret Type: Low Profile
- Elasticated Lens Covers
- Lens Cloth
- Sunshade and mount rings are NOT included.