Quick Detach QD Mount Rings
Leapers UTG 6 Screw QD Weaver Picatinny 1" 25mm Medium Scope Rings - RQ2W1156
Sale is for 2 - two - a pair - of rings
QD – Quick Detach allows rings to be attached or released quickly and easily – and when in place be absolutely rock solid against even mil grade shocks and bangs!
|Base Fitting: Weaver or Picatinny 20-22mm.
Tube Size: To fit 25mm (1 inch) diameter body tube scopes.
Medium height profile - Base to ring bottom (saddle) = 15mm
Suit scopes with lens sizes upto outer objective size maximum 55mm - approx. 44-46mm lens size maximum.
See Clearance Guide below to learn how to assess if they are the right height for you and if so how much clearance you will have over the base
For 20mm wide weaver/picatinny base - NOT airgun 9-11mm dovetail. To fit to 9-11mm rail an adapter is required. See Related products at bottom of page
- Model: RQ2W1156 Medium profile (matte black)
- Material: Aluminum with steel fittings for - Great strength
Precision machined from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy with anodized black matte finish.
Easy to use spring tensioned design and fine adjustment mechanism that means they can be used on even low quality or worn rails.
Mil spec Type III class 2 hardcoat anodizing for scratch and wear resistance
Milled steel cross bolts to ensure the tightest possible tolerance and super firm grip on any weaver/picatinny rail.
- Robust and user friendly ergonomic Quick Detach/Lock lever.
- Fully adjustable to fit on any Picatinny rail.
- High quality synthetic protective tape applied on rings internal surface to protect scope body.
- Tight tolerance control and repeatable positive locking for optimal re-zero performance.
- Extensively field tested under extreme operations and well received by field experts and law enforcement personnel.
Quick Detach and Lock
Scope size fitting considerations:
Typically this mount is suitable for upto 50mm lens scopes. The Leapers stated measure is 55mm but that refers to the OUTER diameter of the lens where you must take the lens casing and, if you have them, things like flip up caps into account. If in doubt go up a size to high profile or ask me if unsure.
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 1" / 25mm diameter body tube this means deducting 12.7mm.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension required - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring - the 'C' dimension of 15mm that is shown above.
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body. The saddle on these mounts is -
Worked Example -
- A scope has an outer case measurement of 55mm.
- 55 divided by 2 = 27.5.
- 27.5 minus 12.7 = 14.8mm
- So the mount must have a saddle measure (base of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 14.8mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body. With this model that leaves only 0.2mm, maybe too tight.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way does assume your dovetail or base is not raised above or below your rifles barrel. Note some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.
Ultra strong 6-screw medium profile "dragon" ring for 1 inch (25mm) tube rifle scopes for fitting on 20-22mm weaver/picatinny type base rail.