Hawke Reach Forward Mounts
Hawke 1 inch High Profile 9-11mm Airgun Base 1" Reach Forward Scope Mount Rings - 22120
Hawke model code 22120
Anodised in matte black with double screw ring clamp design and cushion tape.
- Base to bottom of ring = 22mm. Suit upto 66mm OUTER lens casing diameter scopes = most 40-56mm
- For Airgun/.22 3/8" 9-11mm base by way of reversible dovetail clamp.
- 1" Reach Forward configuration
- 1 inch - 25mm Scope Tube
- Internal cushion tape (prevents scope damage)
- Double Hex screws
- Anodized Matt Black
- Precision engineered from high grade aluminium
- Rounded edges prevent scope damage
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 1" diameter body tube diameter this would mean deducting 12.7mm and 15mm for scopes with a 30mm diameter body tube.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring - the 'C' dimension that is shown above.
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body.
- An example scope 1" tube, 4-16x44 scope has an outer case measurement of 51mm.
- 51 divided by 2 = 25.5.
- 1" scope so deduct 12.7mm = 12.8mm
- So the mount must have a saddle measure (base of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 12.8mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way does assume your dovetail or base is not raised above or below your rifles barrel. Note some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.