Endurance Hunting scopes
Hawke Endurance 30 WA SF 4-16x50 Etched Glass IR LR 8x Centerfire Hunting Rifle Scope 16350
The Endurance line of scopes feature chassis and reticle designs that have been explicitly engineered for centerfire hunting for everything from varmint to big game.
The latest Wide Angle optical system boasts a stunning field of view aimed to give you the best sight possible, while keeping an important 4 inch/102mm eye relief.
Built into a 30mm chassis the models feature a specialist erector system, maximizing internal stability.
The Endurance range is all calibre rated and supported by Hawkes Worldwide Warranty
Outside United Kingdom buyers please READ - There are special UK export rules for sales of telescopic scopes of 10x or more maximum magnification. You are very welcome to buy but we might have to get an export permit before the product can be shipped. Please read this page BEFORE buying (opens in new window)
If you need .22 rimfire 3/8", airgun 11mm, 20mm weaver/picatinny mount rings you will need to purchase them in addition to the scope. See shop and look for high profile models for 30mm tube. Please ask if unsure. We can also help with adapter bases for rifles such as Crosman, Ruger, Remington, Howa, Weatherby etc
- Wide Angle optical system
- Long 4″ Eye Relief
- 18 layer Fully Multi-Coated optics for exceptional clarity
- Side Focus parallax distance from 14m / 15 yards to infinity
- 30mm mono-tube chassis for superior strength
- 1⁄4 MOA exposed locking turrets
- Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
- Threaded objective for optional accessories such as Screw in flip up lens caps and honeycomb sunshade (Not included)
- Chassis: 30mm Mono-tube
- Optical System: 4-16×
- Objective: 50mm
- Reticle: LR Dot 8x (Long Range)
- Illumination: Red - 6 Levels
- Focus/Parallax: From 14m / 15 yards to infinity
- Field of View: m @100m / ft @100yds 10.4 - 2.6m / 31.2 - 7.8ft
- Eye relief: 102mm / 4″
- Length: 369mm / 14.5″
- Weight: 644g / 23oz
All calibre rated.
Glass Etched LR Dot Reticle (Preset Correct 8x)
The LR Dot reticle was developed around a typical centrefire trajectory, like the .308 Winchester round, which is popular around the world for shooting fairly large game.
It also suits some of the faster bullets that might be used for hunting foxes and similar quarry.
Many hunters like to use the same magnification for the rifle scope as their binoculars so the LR Dot reticle markings were designed at 8x magnification.
This design also makes it suitable for European shooters who might prefer a metric set of figures and therefore to zero their rifle in for 100 metres on the centre crosshair and use the lower aim points for 200, 300, 400 and 500 metres.
A useful tip: at 8× magnification, the thick posts to the right and left of the centre dot would bracket the body length of a Roe deer at 100yds; a popular sized animal to hunt with this type of reticle.
Preset Correct at 8x
- Material: Aluminium
- Exit Pupil: 13 - 3 mm / 0.5 - 0.1"
- Ocular Type: Fast Focus
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated - 18 Layers
- Power Selector Style: Rubber Coated Posi-Grip
- Focal Plane: Second Focal Plane (SFP)
- Warranty: Hawke Worldwide Warranty
- Elevation & Windage Increment: 1⁄4 MOA
- Elevation & Windage Adjustment Range: 75 MOA
- Turret Caps: No
- Turret Type: Exposed, locking
4" Screw-in Sunshade
Elasicated Lens Covers
Expanded Info that may answer many questions
Side Focus & Illumination Rheostat
Precise Side Focus adjustment to infinity ensures accuracy is maintained. The rheostat operates brightness settings for the red reticle illumination
Wide Angle Optical System
Wider than ever before, the Endurance Wide Angle optical system creates a breathtaking image that gives full edge to edge clarity. Seeing is believing.
Fast Focus Ocular Adjustment with 4″ Eye Relief
The apparent field of view is complemented further by a fine outer ocular assembly, making the enlarged target image almost float in front of your eye.
Tactical Locking Turrets
Push-pull locking and resettable turrets with positive clicks. 1⁄4 MOA with 15 MOA per revolution
50mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- 18 layer fully multi coated for excellent clarity.
- 50mm diameter - Excellent large size. Excellent light capture.
- Adjust from 4x to 16x.
- A very good magnification range for general purpose hunting as well as longer ranges.
- Easy & fast adjustment.
- Ocular eyebell focus from 5 yards, parallax focus from 14m / 15 yards
Benefits of Glass Etched Reticles and Illumination
Glass-etched reticles are superior to wire for several reasons, most notable is how much more crisp, fine and clean your view is when you look thorough the scope.
A glass etched reticle, also cannot be broken. Anyone who has shot enough has seen a wire reticle actually break within the reticle field. As the reticle design is etched into the reticle lens, it is static and cannot physically be broken.
All illuminated scopes with glass-etched reticles have the added benefit of zero internal light reflection which occurs to some extent in illuminated scopes with wire reticles.
This superior design requires an additional cost, but even if you don’t plan to use the illumination, the glass-etched reticle is a feature with value to the shooter.
Illumination comes into its own when shooting targets that are either naturally dark or made dark by light conditions such as shadow, dawn dusk, very bright light or night shooting with lamps or night vision kit.
Without Illumination a black reticle can be very hard to make out against the target. Illumination fixes this problem and gives immediate contrast. Adjust intensity according to the light conditions.