Hawke Frontier Scopes
Hawke Frontier 30 1-6x24 L4A Dot etched glass reticle Hunting Rifle Scope - 18 400
Hawkes flagship riflescopes feature are designed to give shooters ultimate flexibility in the field.
The index matched lenses set the Frontier apart from its rivals. Exceptional clarity throughout the field of view, together with crisp image transmission ensure an unsurpassed viewing experience.
The optical system with its wide magnification range, provides increased flexibility when transitioning between close and long range shooting.
The 30mm mono-tube chassis, machined from high grade aluminium, comes with low-profile, no snag fingertip turrets that provide accurate and precise adjustments, while still retaining a compact and efficient design.
Mount rings to fit it onto a rifle ARE NOT included
If you need .22 rimfire 3/8", airgun 11mm, 20mm weaver/picatinny mount rings you will need to purchase them in addition to the scope. See shop and look for low profile models for 30mm tube. Please ask if unsure. We can also help with picatinny adapter bases for rifles such as Tikka, SAKO, CZ, Ruger, Remington, Howa, Weatherby, Marlin etc. See our selection of many picatinny adapter bases in the ebay shop section: Bases and Adapters
- 21 layer Fully Multi-Coated 6× ratio optical system
- 30mm mono-tube chassis for superior strength
- Long eye relief for high recoil and magnum calibres
- Glass etched reticle with red illumination
- 6 levels of brightness with off positions in-between
- ½ MOA low-profile no-snag fingertip turrets
- Zoom ring with thumb lever and locking ocular
A variant of the classic L4 reticle, the L4A Dot uses a more open outer post design to keep more of the target visible while aiming. 30″ spacing from center to post at 100yds when on 4x magnification. This is equivalent to 83cm at 100m
6 levels of brightness with off positions in-between
Benefits of Glass Etched Reticles and IR
Glass-etched reticles are way superior to wire for several reasons, most notably is how much finer and cleaner they are when viewed through the scope.
A glass etched reticle, also cannot be broken. Anyone who has shot enough has seen a wire reticle actually break within the reticle field. As the reticle design is etched into the reticle lens, it is static and cannot physically be broken.
As an added benefit there is zero internal light reflection when using IR which occurs to some extent in illuminated scopes with wire reticles.
This superior design requires an additional cost, but even if you don’t plan to use the illumination, the glass-etched reticle is a feature with value to the shooter.
Illumination comes into its own when shooting targets that are either naturally dark or made dark by light conditions such as shadow, dawn dusk, very bright light or night shooting with lamps or night vision kit.
Without Illumination a black reticle can be very hard to make out against the target. Illumination fixes this problem and gives immediate contrast. Adjust intensity according to the light conditions.
- Chassis: 30mm Mono-tube
- Optical System: 1-6x
- Objective: 24mm
- Reticle: L4A Dot - etched glass
- Illumination: Red - 6 levels with off positions inbetween.
- Focus/Parallax: 100 yards / 91m fixed
- Field of View: m @100m / ft @100yds 37.6-6.3m / 112.8-18.9ft
- Eye relief: 102mm / 4"
- Length: 283mm / 11.1"
- Weight: 495g / 17.5oz
All calibre rated.
- Material: Aluminium
- Exit Pupil: 0.94-0.16″ / 24-4mm
- Ocular Type: Locking Fast Focus
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated - 21 Layers
- Power Selector Style: Removable zoom lever
- Focal Plane: Second Focal Plane
- Warranty: Hawke Worldwide Warranty
- Elevation and Windage Increment: 1/2 MOA
- Elevation and Windage adjustment Range: 140 MOA
- Turret Caps: No
- Turret Type: No Snag Fingertip Turrets
- Zoom Lever
- Pro Flip Up Lens Covers
- Lens Cloth
- CR2032 Battery
|Length||283mm / 11.1"|
|Click value||1/2 MOA|