Hawke Frontier Scopes
Hawke Frontier 30 1-6x24 Tactical Dot etched glass reticle Hunting Rifle Scope 18 201
Premium Hawke rifle scope with a precision 6x ratio optical system and glass that is truly exceptional. All Hawke scopes are excellent and the Frontier are the best of the best
Note - 2015/16 V1 of this scope so price much lower than current V2 model
21 layered optics produce brilliant clarity throughout the field of view with crisp genuine best in class image transmission.
6x optical system gives increased flexibility between short and long range shooting.
Glass etched, illuminated Tactical Dot Dot reticle
- 6x ratio precision engineered optical system: 1-6x for great in the field target flexibility.
- 21 layer fully multi-coated optics for ultimate clarity - one of the crispest sight pictures you will ever see.
- 30mm mono-tube chassis for superior strength
- Glass etched reticle with red illumination - crisp, clear view, immune to recoil.
- Rheostat on saddle offers 6 levels of brightness
- ¼" @100yd low profile 'no-snag' fingertip turrets
- Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
Each scope is factory recoil tested before being nitrogen purged to make them fully waterproof, shock proof and fogproof.
Low profile fingertip turrets - Highly accurate click-sound matched turrets with a click value of 1/10 MRAD per 100 yards
Once zeroed the turret scales can be reset
Glass etched with illuminated quick acquisition circle and central aim point. Additional aim points down to 10 mil spacing when on 6x magnification.
Benefits of Glass Etched Reticles and IR
Glass-etched reticles are way superior to wire for several reasons, most notably is how much finer and cleaner they are when viewed through the scope.
A glass etched reticle, also cannot be broken. Anyone who has shot enough has seen a wire reticle actually break within the reticle field. As the reticle design is etched into the reticle lens, it is static and cannot physically be broken.
As an added benefit there is zero internal light reflection when using IR which occurs to some extent in illuminated scopes with wire reticles.
This superior design requires an additional cost, but even if you don’t plan to use the illumination, the glass-etched reticle is a feature with value to the shooter.
Illumination comes into its own when shooting targets that are either naturally dark or made dark by light conditions such as shadow, dawn dusk, very bright light or night shooting with lamps or night vision kit.
Without Illumination a black reticle can be very hard to make out against the target. Illumination fixes this problem and gives immediate contrast. Adjust intensity according to the light conditions.
- Chassis: 30mm Mono-tube
- Optical System: 1-6x
- Objective: 24mm
- Reticle: Tactical Dot - etched glass
- Illumination: Red - 6 levels
- Focus/Parallax: 100 yards / 91m fixed
- Field of View: m @100m / ft @100yds 36-5.9m / 108 - 17.6ft
- Eye relief: 102mm / 4"
- Length: 265mm / 10.4"
- Weight: 559g / 19.7oz
All calibre rated.
- Material: Aluminium
- Exit Pupil: 10 - 2mm / 0.4 - 0.1"
- Ocular Type: Fast Focus
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated - 21 Layers
- Power Selector Style: Rubber Coated Posi-Grip
- Focal Plane: Second Focal Plane
- Warranty: Hawke Worldwide Warranty
- Elevation and Windage Increment: 1/10 100 yards
- Elevation and Windage adjustment Range: N/A
- Turret Caps: YES
- Turret Type: Low Profile
- Elasticated Lens Covers
- Lens Cloth
- CR2032 Battery
Hawke Frontier Review - http://www.airgunmagazine.co.uk/tests/a-new-frontier-the-frontier-30/
This review is on one of the other Frontier 30 models, however the quality remains the same through the range
Some snippets from it -
Expensive, yes – but if the Frontier I’ve been testing lately is anything to go by, should you be in the market for the ultimate in build and image quality, you’ve simply got to have it on your shortlist
...Speaking of the lenses, this is clearly where much of your money goes
...the 21 layers of advanced coatings that all the glass surfaces have received really do work.
...The Frontier renders one of the crispest sight pictures I’ve ever viewed through a telly, irrespective of price
...it scored a maximum in the Airgun Shooter standard test (and is the first scope ever to have achieved this)!
...I am honestly taken aback by the quality of the Frontier’s lenses
|Length||265mm / 10.4"|
|Click value||1/10 Mil|