Hawke Sidewinder 30 8-32x56 SF RGB IR SR Pro Rifle scope + lens Caps, Sidewheel, Sunshade
Hawke Sidewinder 30 8-32x56 Side Focus Red-Green-Black IR SR Pro Reticle Rifle scope + Screw in lens Caps, 100mm Sidewheel and screw in Sunshade
Top of the range premium Hawke Sidewinder 30 Side Focus. 30mm body encompasses a high quality optical system with fully multi-coated glass. Providing a sharp, bright and high resolution image in all light conditions
Outside United Kingdom buyers please READ - There are special UK export rules for sales of telescopic scopes of 10x or more maximum magnification. You are very welcome to buy but we might have to get an export permit before the product can be shipped. Please read this page BEFORE buying (opens in new window)
Review on Gunmart here (opens in new window)
>>> Suitable for any caliber.
>>> Etched glass floating SR Pro reticle
>>> Supplied with flip up lens caps, screw in sunshade and 100mm sidewheel
- Etched glass reticle: SR Pro
- 8-32x variable magnification.
- Big 56mm fully multi coated lens.
- Large 4" (100mm) side wheel - use optional. Take it off when not required.
- Coil erector spring provides extra smooth stability during recoil.
- 30mm mono-tube withstands the heaviest recoil and offers top class light transmission.
- Locking ¼ M.O.A target style turrets.
- Fully multi-coated optics.
- Fully BRC/Chairgun Pro software compatible.
Working with the bullets trajectory the SR pro reticle, a Hawke exclusive, provides useable aim points whatever your caliber. Simply put the ballistic profile into the Hawke Ballistic Reticle Calculator software (free download app) and all the aim points are calculated.
Benefits of Glass Etched Reticles and Illumination
Glass-etched reticles are way superior to wire for several reasons, most notable is how much more crisp, fine and clean your view is when you look thorough the scope.
A glass etched reticle, also cannot be broken. Anyone who has shot enough has seen a wire reticle actually break within the reticle field. As the reticle design is etched into the reticle lens, it is static and cannot physically be broken.
All Hawke scopes that are illuminated use the superior glass-etched reticles which as the added benefit of zero internal light reflection which occurs to some extent in illuminated scopes with wire reticles.
This superior design requires an additional cost, but even if you don’t plan to use the illumination, the glass-etched reticle is a feature with value to the shooter.
Illumination comes into its own when shooting targets that are either naturally dark or made dark by light conditions such as shadow, dawn dusk, very bright light or night shooting with lamps or night vision kit.
Without Illumination a black reticle can be very hard to make out against the target. Illumination fixes this problem and gives immediate contrast. Adjust intensity according to the light conditions.
Parallax Focus Adjustment - SF - Side Focus Turret and Sidewheel
Parallax effect is the term that describes the difference in angles between objects that are seen up close and those seen far away. When you look at telephone poles passing by on the side of the road, those closest to your car seem to pass very fast, while the ones far away seem to go very slow. That difference is due to the parallax effect.
The reticle in your scope is like a telephone pole that's very close. If you move your head on the stock while watching the target through the scope the reticle may seem to move, wobble or blur against the target. That affects where you perceive the aim point to be, and that affects your accuracy. Parallax focus correction adjustment reduces this phenomenon to the greatest extent possible.
Parallax focus correction therefore is a must for anyone attempting to use either a high magnification scope, shooting drastically different yardages with the same scope or anyone attempting to shoot at extremely close ranges or extremely long ranges. Especially so if it is a combination of these factors.
This scope features Parallax focus correction by the side turret which adjusts from 10yds to infinity.
- Locking Fast-Focus ocular adjustment.
- Screw-in lens covers to protect your investment.
- Screw in sunshade for glare and reflection elimination.
- Waterproof, Shockproof and Fog Proof.
- All firearm caliber rated - use on anything from recoiless PCP airguns to shoulder busting monster hunters.
- Hawke Worldwide Warranty.
Optimum performance in low light conditions, while offering excellent range finding properties.
Reticle illumination brightness adjustment is positioned on the side focus turret. This allows 5 red and 5 green settings. The settings have been carefully considered to produce low enough illumination levels for dawn and dusk shooting
The open sniper style turrets are calibrated to ¼ MOA per click. To adjust the turrets the whole assembly is pulled up to unlock, then once adjusted they can be securely locked into position by pushing the turret back down.
The turrets are simply reset to "0" by loosening a hex screw on the top. All Hawke Sidewinders come with a large 4" (100mm) side wheel, to enhance range finding, a sunshade for bright conditions, and screw-in lens covers to protect the outer lenses.
- Chassis: 30mm Mono-tube
- Optical System: 8-32×
- Objective: 56mm
- Reticle: SR Pro
- Illumination: Red / Green - 5 Levels
- Focus/Parallax: Side Focus - 9m / 10yds to Infinity
- Field of View: m @100m / ft @100yds 3.5 - 1.1m / 10.6 - 3.3ft
- Eye relief: 89mm / 3.5"
- Length: 432mm / 17"
- Weight: 870g / 30.7oz
All calibre rated.
- Material: Magnesium Alloy
- Exit Pupil: 7 - 2mm / 0.3 - 0.1"
- Ocular Type: Locking Fast Focus
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated - 18 LayersPower Selector Style: Knurled Posi-Grip
- Warranty: Hawke Worldwide Warranty
- Windage and Elevation Increment: ¼ MOA
- Windage and Elevation Adjustment Range: 53 MOA
- Windage Increment:Turret Caps: N/A
- Turret Type: Exposed
- 4″ Side Wheel
- 4″ Screw-in Sunshade
- Metal Flip-up Covers
- Lens Cloth
- CR2032 Battery
Free Hawke BRC Software download
The perfect reticle setup is simple with the free Hawke Ballistic Reticle Calculator. It can calculate all calibre rifles. Now includes slug and crossbow bolt settings.
Ballistics can be a complicated business at the best of times, which is why Hawke have developed easy-to-use and deadly accurate reticles with the added support of the patented Ballistic Reticle Calculator.
The BRC is quick to download and navigate around. The calculations produce accurate results that translate into extreme accuracy and precision when you’re in the field.
With BRC you can:
- Browse a list of preset aim points suitable for your own calibre
- Choose a preferred reticle for your shooting calibre and requirements
- Adjust the presets to work either in metric or imperial measurements
- Change zero distances, muzzle velocity, magnification & Estimated Deterioration/Ballistic Coefficient value (ED/BC)
- Plot your rifle trajectory and find aim points
- Carry out advanced range finding calculations
Get BRC at http://www.hawkeoptics.co.uk/brc.html