Hawke Vantage Side Focus
Hawke Vantage 3-12x50 SF IR Red-Green etched glass 10x Mil Dot rifle scope 14290
Hawke Vantage 3-12x50 Side Focus Parallax, Illuminated Red-Green etched glass 10x Half Mil Dot rifle scope - Hawke product code 14290
Hawke Vantage illuminated reticle scopes offer beautiful 11 layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity. With etched glass reticles they are Waterproof, Shockproof and Nitrogen purged.
The Vantage range is all calibre rated and supported by Hawkes Worldwide Warranty
Outside United Kingdom buyers please READ - There are special UK export rules for sales of telescopic scopes of 10x or more maximum magnification. You are very welcome to buy but we might have to get an export permit before the product can be shipped. Please read this page BEFORE buying (opens in new window)
Mount rings to fit it onto a rifle ARE NOT included
If you need mount rings you will need to purchase them in addition to the scope. See shop and look for high profile models for 1"/25mm tube for whatever rifle base you have. Please ask if unsure or see our guide to mounts and bases at http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/blog/?p=50
>>> Waterproof, Shockproof, Nitrogen purged.
>>> All calibre rated
>>> Side Focus control for parallax adjustment to infinity
>>> Warranty: Hawke Worldwide Warranty
- 11 layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity
- 1 inch mono-tube chassis for superior strength
- Rheostat on saddle offers 5 levels of brightness - red and green
- ¼ MOA low profile ‘no-snag’ fingertip turrets
- Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
- Threaded objective/ocular for optional accessories
Accurate mil spacing on 10x. Features dots and ties at half mil spacing, ensuring that there is always an aim point available. Glass etched fully floating reticle.
Mil spacing and 0.2 mil spacing segments of the hollow bars can be used to accurately range find targets. Full details can be found in the range find section of the free BRC software app download.
Benefits of Glass Etched Reticles and Illumination
Etched glass reticle - The reticle is laser etched onto the lens glass giving a beautiful crisp and clear view, much more so than with a standard wire reticle.
The etching also makes it totally immune to recoil shock - it will never break or come loose as can happen with wire reticles.
In addition it eliminates all internal light reflection from use of the IR function, this again is a problem with wire reticle scopes.
Illuminated reticle function
- In low light or very bright light targets can appear dark and shadowed.
- The standard black reticle in such situations is very hard to contrast against the target, especially if you are taking a shot under pressure on a sudden target of opportunity and/or moving target.
Fast and easy IR and SF control by side turret. 5 levels red and green plus off for plain black.
50mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- 11 layer fully multi coated for excellent clarity.
- 50mm diameter - Excellent all round medium/large size. A good blend of size without bulk
- Adjust from 3x to 12x.
- A great magnification range for general purpose hunting.
- Very Easy and very fast dial adjustment.
- Ocular eyebell focus from 5 yards.
Fast focus eyebell
Easy, effective focus.
Parallax Focus Adjustment - SF - Side Focus
Parallax effect is the term that describes the difference in angles between objects that are seen up close and those seen far away. When you look at telephone poles passing by on the side of the road, those closest to your car seem to pass very fast, while the ones far away seem to go very slow. That difference is due to the parallax effect.
The reticle in your scope is like a telephone pole that's very close. If you move your head on the stock while watching the target through the scope the reticle may seem to move, wobble or blur against the target. That affects where you perceive the aim point to be, and that affects your accuracy. Parallax focus correction adjustment reduces this phenomenon to the greatest extent possible.
Parallax focus correction therefore is a must for anyone attempting to use either a high magnification scope, shooting drastically different yardages with the same scope or anyone attempting to shoot at extremely close ranges or extremely long ranges. Especially so if it is a combination of these factors.
This scope features Parallax focus correction by way of the side focus turret.
- Chassis: 1" (25mm) Mono-tube
- Magnification range: 3-12x
- Objective: 50mm
- Reticle: 10x Half Mil dot - etched glass
- Illumination: Red / Green - 5 Levels - and off for black
- Focus/Parallax: 9.1m/10 yards to infinity
- Field of View: m @100m / ft @100yds 10.2 - 2.6m / 30.6 - 7.7ft
- Eye relief: 90mm / 3.5″
- Length: 339mm / 13.3″
- Weight: 593g / 20.9oz
- Material: Aluminum
- Exit Pupil: 15 - 4mm / 0.5 - 0.1″
- Ocular Type: Fast Focus
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated - 11 Layers
- Power Selector Style: Knurled Posi-Grip
- Elevation and Windage Increment: ¼ MOA
- Elevation and Windage Adjustment Range: 80 MOA
- Turret Caps: YES
- Turret Type: Low Profile
- Elasticated Lens Covers
- Lens Cloth
- CR2032 battery