Hawke Vantage 3-9x50 AO parallax Illuminated Red-Green etched glass Mil Dot Reticle Rifle Scope - 14232
>>> Waterproof, Shockproof, Nitrogen purged.
>>> All calibre rated - airgun, rimfire LR .22 and all major centerfire and shotgun types
>>> Warranty: Hawke Worldwide Warranty
Glass etched reticle with red and green illumination
- 11 layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity
- Adjustable objective for parallax correction - 10 yards (9m) to infinity)
- 1 inch mono-tube chassis for superior strength
Mil Dot Center Red-Green-Black Illuminated Reticle - Etched Glass
- Rheostat on saddle offers 5 levels of brightness - red and green
- ¼ MOA low profile ‘no-snag’ fingertip turrets
- Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
The standard military reticle popular worldwide for the ability to estimate range, aim off points and factor in holdover. You can use it in a simple instinctive way or get really technical with charts and math if you are so inclined - but you don't need to!
Etched glass - The reticle is laser etched onto the lens glass. This makes it totally immune to recoil shock - it will never come loose as can happen with wire reticles.
In addition it eliminates all internal light reflection from use of the IR function, this again is a problem with wire reticle scopes.
Illuminated reticle function
Using illumination, red in low light and green in low and bright, helps you get sharp reticle over target contrast and massively improve the aim point and speed.
- In low light or very bright light targets can appear dark and shadowed.
- The standard black reticle in such situations is very hard to contrast against the target, especially if you are taking a shot under pressure on a sudden target of opportunity and/or moving target.
Fast and easy IR control by side turret. 5 levels red and green plus off for plain black.
50mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- 11 layer fully multi coated for excellent clarity.
- 50mm diameter - Excellent all round medium/large size. A good blend of size without bulk
3-9x variable magnification
- Adjust from 3x to 9x.
- A great magnification range for general purpose hunting.
- Very Easy and very fast dial adjustment.
- Ocular eyebell focus from 5 yards, parallax focus from 10 yards/ 9 meters.
Fast focus eyebell
Easy, effective focus.
Parallax Focus by Adjustable Objective (AO)
Parallax is the term that describes the difference in angles between objects that are seen up close and those seen far away. When you look at telephone poles pass by on the side of the road, those closest to your car seem to pass very fast, while the ones far away seem to go very slow. That difference is due to parallax.
The reticle in your scope is like a telephone pole that's very close. If you move your head on the stock while watching the target through the scope, it's probably possible to see the reticle move against the target. That affects where you perceive the aim point to be, and that affects your accuracy.
Scopes such as this have Parallax adjustment which basically means you are able to adjust the scope using the twist dial in this case on the lens to reduce the effect significantly.
The effect varies in intensity and effect at different ranges so the scope features a range of adjustment settings.
- Chassis: 1" (25mm) Mono-tube
- Magnification range: 3-9x
- Objective: 50mm
- Reticle: Mil Dot Center
- Illumination: Red / Green - 5 Levels - and off for black
- Focus/Parallax: Adjustable Objective - 9m / 10yds to Infinity
- Field of View: m @100m / ft @100yds 11.2 - 3.6m / 33.6 - 11ft
- Eye relief: 89mm / 3.5″
- Length: 351mm / 13.8″
- Weight: 595g / 21oz
- Material: Magnesium Alloy
- Exit Pupil: 17 - 6mm / 0.7 - 0.2″
- Ocular Type: Fast Focus
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated - 11 Layers
- Power Selector Style: Knurled Posi-Grip
- Elevation and Windage Increment: ¼ MOA
- Elevation and Windage Adjustment Range: 90 MOA
- Turret Caps: YES
- Turret Type: Low Profile
- Elasticated Lens Covers
- Lens Cloth
- CR2032 battery
- Sunshade and mount rings are NOT included.