Vantage Rimfire Special Reticles
Hawke Vantage 4-12x40 AO IR Red-Green Rimfire .17 HMR Reticle Rifle Scope 14241
Hawke Vantage 4-12x40 AO parallax Red-Green Illuminated .17 HMR Rimfire Special Reticle Rifle Scope - Hawke model 14241
Hawke Vantage illuminated reticle scopes offer beautiful 11 layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity. With etched glass reticles they are Waterproof, Shockproof and Nitrogen purged.
The Vantage range is all calibre rated and supported by Hawkes Worldwide Warranty
Rimfire .17 HMR Specialised Reticle - Red-Green IR - Glass Etched
Hawke - innovative as ever :) with this new X-ACT reticle. Designed for the .17 HMR Zero on maximum mag at 100 yards and all aim points are pre-calculated 2550 fps.
>>> Waterproof, Shockproof, Nitrogen purged.
>>> All calibre rated - though reticle on this model is specific for rimfire .17 HMR
>>> Warranty: Hawke Worldwide Warranty
- 11 layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity.
- Adjustable Objective for parallax correction - 10 yards to infinity
- 1 inch mono-tube chassis for superior strength
- Rheostat on saddle offers 5 levels of brightness - red and green
- ¼ MOA low profile ‘no-snag’ fingertip turrets
- Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
X-ACT reticle. Designed for the .17 HMR caliber. Zero on maximum mag at 100 yards and all aim points are pre-calculated 2550 fps.
Exclusive Hawke Reticle design
- Aim points calculated for this specific caliber.
- Easy to zero and outstanding downrange accuracy
- Illuminated aim points for all light conditions
- Yardages etched onto the reticle field of view
- Designed for use on maximum magnification
Etched glass - The reticle is laser etched onto the lens glass. This makes it totally immune to recoil shock - it will never come loose as can happen with wire reticles.
In addition it eliminates all internal light reflection from use of the IR function, this again is a problem with wire reticle scopes.
Illuminated reticle function
- In low light or very bright light targets can appear dark and shadowed.
- The standard black reticle in such situations is very hard to contrast against the target, especially if you are taking a shot under pressure on a sudden target of opportunity and/or moving target.
Fast and easy IR control by side turret. 5 levels red and green plus off for plain black.
40mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- 11 layer fully multi coated for excellent clarity.
- 40mm diameter - Excellent all round medium size that is ideal for rimfire.
- A good blend of size without bulk
3-12x variable magnification
- Adjust from 3x to 12x.
- A great magnification range for general purpose hunting.
- Very Easy and very fast dial adjustment.
- Ocular eyebell focus from 4-5 yards.
Fast focus eyebell
Easy, effective focus.
Parallax Focus by Adjustable Objective (AO)
Parallax effect is the term that describes the difference in angles between objects that are seen up close and those seen far away. When you look at telephone poles pass by on the side of the road, those closest to your car seem to pass very fast, while the ones far away seem to go very slow. That difference is due to parallax effect.
The reticle in your scope is like a telephone pole that's very close. If you move your head on the stock while watching the target through the scope, it's probably possible to see the reticle move against the target. That affects where you perceive the aim point to be, and that affects your accuracy.
Parallax focus correction therefore is a must for anyone attempting to use either a high magnification scope, shooting drastically different yardages with the same scope or anyone attempting to shoot at extremely close ranges or extremely long ranges. Especially so if it is a combination of these factors.
Scopes such as this have Parallax adjustment which basically means you are able to adjust the scope using the front lens casing.
Important note on parallax focus versus regular ocular focus
A common mistake is to use the parallax adjustment in an attempt to focus the reticle. The ocular end (eye piece) has a focus for the reticle. That is the sole purpose of the ocular focus. Returns have been caused by users attempting to use the reticle focus as an image focus and/or using the parallax adjustment as a reticle focus. If you get both of them so far out of whack bad things will happen.
Only use the ocular focus to focus the reticle and only focus the reticle while looking through the scope at the sky. This will keep you from trying to focus an object instead of the reticle.
Ocular Focus (eyepiece) adjusts the scope to the individual shooter's eye... this is a one time adjustment. (For wearers of prescription lenses this could be a multiple procedure event if new prescription arrive.) The purpose of this adjustment is to adjust the scope so that the image of the reticle (crosshairs) is properly aligned with the back of the shooters eye.
Parallax focus adjusts the target to the reticle (crosshair). The target image and the reticle must be on the same focal plane within the scope or there is room for apparent movement of the reticle on the target when the shooters eye moves (or is positioned differently at the scope).Specifications
- Chassis: 1" (25mm) Mono-tube
- Magnification range: 4-12x
- Objective: 40mm
- Reticle: Rimfire .17 HMR 12x Rimfire Reticle. Glass etched.
- Illumination: Red / Green - 5 Levels - and off for black
- Focus/Parallax: From 9m/10 yards to infinity
- Field of View: m @100m / ft @100yds 8.7 - 2.9m / 26.2 - 8.7ft
- Eye relief: 89mm / 3.5″
- Length: 346mm / 13.6″
- Weight: 513g / 18.1oz
- Material: Aluminum
- Exit Pupil: 10 - 3.3mm / 0.4 - 0.2″
- Ocular Type: Fast Focus
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated - 11 Layers
- Power Selector Style: Knurled Posi-Grip
- Elevation and Windage Increment: ¼ MOA
- Elevation and Windage Adjustment Range: 80 MOA
- Turret Caps: YES
- Turret Type: Low Profile
- Elasticated Lens Covers
- Lens Cloth
- CR2032 battery
- Sunshade and mount rings are NOT included.