Hawke Vantage Side Focus
Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 Side Focus px 10x Half Mil Dot Reticle Rifle Scope - 14162
Hawke Vantage 6-24x44 Side Focus turret parallax 10x Half Mil Dot Reticle Rifle Scope - Hawke model code 14162
>>> Waterproof, Shockproof, Nitrogen purged.
>>> All calibre rated - airgun, rimfire LR .22 and all major centerfire and shotgun types
>>> Warranty: Hawke Worldwide Warranty
Mount rings not included
Requires 1" ring diameter mounts of medium or high profile to suit whatever base is on the rifle, for example, 9-11mm dovetail, 13mm BSA dovetail, weaver/picatinny or model specific. We can also help with picatinny adapter bases for rifles such as Tikka, SAKO, CZ, Ruger, Remington, Howa, Weatherby, Marlin etc (See Britannia Rails section for many picatinny adapter bases)
- 11 layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity
- Side Focus turret control for parallax correction - 15 yards (13m) to infinity
- 1 inch mono-tube chassis for superior strength
- Threaded objective/ocular for optional accessories
- ¼ MOA low profile ‘no-snag’ fingertip turrets
- Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
The latest enhancement to the classic military reticle popular worldwide for the ability to estimate range, aim off points and factor in holdover. You can use it in a simple instinctive way or get really technical with charts and math if you are so inclined - but you don't need to!
10x Half Mil dot
- Accurate mil spacing on 10x.
- Features dots and ties at half mil spacing, ensuring that there is always an aim point available.
44mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- 11 layer fully multi coated for excellent clarity.
- 44mm diameter - Excellent all round medium size. Excellent light capture without bulk.
6-24x variable magnification
- Adjust from 6x to 24x.
- A great magnification range for medium to longer ranges.
- Very Easy and fast zoom dial adjustment.
- Ocular eyebell focus begins at approx. 6 yards (precisely how close depends to a degree on user eyesight)
- Parallax focus adjustment from 15 yards (13m).
Fast focus eyebell
Easy, effective ocular focus.
Parallax Focus by Side Turret
Parallax effect is the term that describes the difference in angles between objects that are seen up close and those seen far away. When you look at telephone poles pass by on the side of the road, those closest to your car seem to pass very fast, while the ones far away seem to go very slow. That difference is due to parallax effect.
The reticle in your scope is like a telephone pole that's very close. If you move your head on the stock while watching the target through the scope, it's probably possible to see the reticle move against the target. That affects where you perceive the aim point to be, and that affects your accuracy.
Parallax focus correction therefore is a must for anyone attempting to use either a high magnification scope, shooting drastically different yardages with the same scope or anyone attempting to shoot at extremely close ranges or extremely long ranges. Especially so if it is a combination of these factors.
Scopes such as this have Parallax adjustment which basically means you are able to adjust the scope using the side turret.
Vantage Side Turret
- Chassis: 1" (25mm) Mono-tube
- Magnification range: 6-24x
- Objective: 44mm
- Reticle: Half Mil dot 10x
- Illumination: NA
- Focus/Parallax: Side Turret - 10yds to Infinity
- Field of View: m @100m / ft @100yds 5 - 1.3m / 15.3 - 3.8ft
- Eye relief: 89mm / 3.5″
- Length: 373mm / 14.7″
- Weight: 531g / 18.7oz
- Material: Aluminium
- Exit Pupil: 7 - 2mm / 0.2 - 0.1″
- Ocular Type: Fast Focus
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated - 11 Layers
- Power Selector Style: Knurled Posi-Grip
- Elevation and Windage Increment: ¼ MOA
- Elevation and Windage Adjustment Range: 50 MOA
- Turret Caps: YES
- Turret Type: Low Profile
- Elasticated Lens Covers
- Lens Cloth
|Length||373mm / 14.7″|