Leapers 4-16x44 30mm Compact SF Illuminated ETCHED GLASS MilDot Rifle Scope
Leapers UTG 4-16x44 Side Focus Parallax Illuminated red-green-black and 36 colours - Glass Etched MilDot Rifle Scope + QD Twist Lock Picatinny base Mount Rings and flip up lens caps
Mounts to fit it onto a rifle ARE included Leapers Quick Detach Twist Lock Law Enforcement Grade picatinny mounts (for 20-22mm width bases) are included in the box. If you need 9-11mm airgun or another base type then you will need to buy them in addition as we cannot swap them out. See http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/blog/?p=50 if unsure what you need.
>>> For all calibers Hunting rifle and Air Rifles - see testing on powerful spring air rifles and scope killer firearms info below.
>>> Big 30mm tube for superior light transmission. Means the 44mm lens performs more like a 50mm + lens on a 1" tube scope.
>>> Etched Glass 36 Colour illuminated Range Estimating Mil dot Reticle
>>> Premium Zero lock and reset zero 1/4 MOA turrets.
>>> Ideal for hunting, targets and CQB
>>> Supplied with premium grade mounts and hinged flip up caps.
New in box
- Leapers UTG True Strength 1 piece tube construction. Waterproof - Shockproof - Fogproof - Exceptionally Recoil proof.
- Nitrogen filled and sealed tube.
- Crystal clear vision through fully multi coated camera quality lenses. With etched glass reticle
- Parallax from 10 yards to infinity by sidewheel turret and is also Leapers 60, 80 and 100mm sidewheel compatible. See shop/Related items for Leapers sidewheels.
- Length: 270mm (10.6")
- Genuine Leapers sourced direct from Leapers. NOT a cheap clone. We buy directly from Leapers. There are many low price Leapers copy scopes from far east direct sellers and even UK sellers who should know better on eBay. If the price is too good to be true then it IS too good to be true. Copy scopes are built on inferior scope blanks (Not Leapers super tough True Strength) and use low grade optics in place of the grade A Leapers use. I Guarantee this is a genuine Leapers scope, a fact you can verify when you get it if you check the serial number with Leapers customer support.
EZ Tap Illumination 36 colour illuminated Etched Glass mil dot reticle
A great help in low light, bright light, strange light! Allsorts of applications for different prey and targets in all ranges of lights and against different backgrounds and terrain.
- EZ Tap is a highly innovative, low profile illumination control with 2 soft and ergonomic control buttons designed for easy and fast hand/finger operations.
- Special circuit and housing design for uninterrupted illumination even under heavy recoil.
- 1-click high-tech illumination memory feature gets you right back to the colour/brightness setting last used.
Push both buttons at same time and hold to enter 36 colour reticle mode
The Mil-Dot Reticule was developed by US Marine snipers in the 70s to improve range estimation. It is now the most popular fieldsports crosshair about.
Wide field of view and edge to edge lens clarity makes this a true hunting scope, you'll be able to pick up quarry on the peripheral edge of the sight picture.
The innovatively designed Leapers Mil Dot reticle has improved upon the standard mil dot by giving you more reference points for quick range estimation during shooting.
Benefits of Glass Etched Reticles and Illumination
Glass-etched reticles are way superior to wire for several reasons, most notable is how much more crisp, fine and clean your view is when you look thorough the scope.
A glass etched reticle, also cannot be broken. Anyone who has shot enough has seen a wire reticle actually break within the reticle field. As the reticle design is etched into the reticle lens, it is static and cannot physically be broken.
Superior glass-etched reticles have the added benefit of zero internal light reflection which occurs to some extent in illuminated scopes with wire reticles.
This superior design requires an additional cost, but even if you don’t plan to use the illumination, the glass-etched reticle is a feature with value to the shooter.
Illumination comes into its own when shooting targets that are either naturally dark or made dark by light conditions such as shadow, dawn dusk, very bright light or night shooting with lamps or night vision kit.
Without Illumination a black reticle can be very hard to make out against the target.
Illumination fixes this problem and gives immediate contrast. Adjust intensity according to the light conditions.
44mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- An excellent medium-large lens size.
- Excellent light capture coupled with fast target acquisition and moving target tracking.
- Great for all light conditions especially good in lower light.
- Multi layer coating gives excellent light transmission and clarity of vision while limiting glare and reflection.
- Variable 4-16x magnification - A superb all round level of adjustment.
- Focus from 6 yards.
- Very Easy and very fast dial adjustment.
- Exceptional close range focus clarity
Finger Click Adjust Lock and Reset Windage and Elevation Turrets:
Windage/elevation target turret with center hex screw to control zero locking, zeroing and zero resetting functions
Easy, fast adjust 1/4 MOA at 100 yards
- Windage and elevation is how you set the scope so that your shot falls where the cross-hair says it will. AKA - zeroing.
- Set it up (instructions supplied)
Parallax effect is the term that describes the difference in angles between objects that are seen up close and those seen far away. When you look at telephone poles passing by on the side of the road, those closest to your car seem to pass very fast, while the ones far away seem to go very slow. That difference is due to the parallax effect.
The reticle in your scope is like a telephone pole that's very close. If you move your head on the stock while watching the target through the scope the reticle may seem to move, wobble or blur against the target. That affects where you perceive the aim point to be, and that affects your accuracy. Parallax focus correction adjustment reduces this phenomenon to the greatest extent possible.
Parallax focus correction therefore is a must for anyone attempting to use either a high magnification scope, shooting drastically different yardages with the same scope or anyone attempting to shoot at extremely close ranges or extremely long ranges. Especially so if it is a combination of these factors.
This scope features Parallax focus correction by way of the side turret which has a range of adjustment settings from 10 yards upwards.
Large sidewheels (60, 80, 100mm) not included but in our shop and can be added on. If you cannot find it just ask us.
Leapers True Strength Platform = Mega strong recoil proof scopes
Leapers have designed an ultra strong 1 piece scope basically.
Using what they call smart spherical structure (SSS) to achieve simplified and strengthened inner/outer tube interaction for exceptionally precise and responsive W/E adjustment and super tough resistance against a lifetime of recoil.
Dealer test results
To see pictures and video of the tests go to Leapers.com and type 4-16x44 into the search box in the top right corner. Go to the 4-16x44 page and click on the tab that says "TS Platform" Wait for the intro video to play and then click on the Real World Testing and Expert Reviews link.
Dealer test results
Air rifle kick - spring air rifles, unlike firearms, kick both ways and harder forwards. This 2 way snap can be fatal for scopes. The hardest recoil springer in the business is Webley's Patriot (AKA the Kodiak) which is known to bruise shoulders if held too loose or a headache if held too tight!
This scope was tested with 750 shots of the heaviest pellets which were measured at 30lbs/foot in pressure and the scope passed with no problems at all.
Firearms/hunting rifle tests - A .416 Rigby (AKA the "Scope Killer") which has a huge recoil was used on the 3-9x40 and 3-9x50. 350 shots fired and scopes inspected immediately afterwards. Dealer comments: Performed well. Grouping excellent. Optical clarity excellent in a high humidity and temperature environment. Adjustment tracking or point of impact remain reliable.
Battery for IR function is NOT INCLUDED. Unfortunately due to very strict new rules on battery transport Leapers were unable to find a way to bulk ship the scopes to us with the batteries. So these must be purchased separately. They are standard mass market camera/watch types that can be bought cheap in many places.