>>> For all calibers Hunting rifle and Air Rifles - see testing on powerful spring air rifles and scope killer firearms info below.
>>> Big 30mm tube for superior light transmission.
>>> 36 Colour illuminated Range Estimating Mil dot Reticle
>>> Premium Zero lock and reset zero 1/4 MOA turrets.
>>> Ideal for hunting, targets and CQB
>>> Supplied with premium grade mounts and hinged flip up caps.
New in box
- Leapers UTG True Strength 1 piece tube construction. Waterproof - Shockproof - Fogproof - Exceptionally Recoil proof.
- Nitrogen filled and sealed tube.
- Crystal clear vision through fully multi coated camera quality lenses.
- Parallax from 10 yards to infinity by sidewheel turret and is also Leapers 60, 80 and 100mm sidewheel compatible. See shop for Leapers sidewheels.
- Length: 270mm (10.6")
- Genuine Leapers sourced direct from Leapers. NOT a cheap clone. We buy directly from Leapers. There are many low price Leapers copy scopes about. If the price is too good to be true then it IS too good to be true. Copy scopes are built on inferior scope blanks (Not Leapers super tough True Strength) and use low grade optics in place of the grade A Leapers use. The serial number of this scope can be verified with Leapers customer support.
EZ Tap Illumination 36 colour illuminated mil dot cross-hairs
A great help in low light, bright light, strange light! Allsorts of applications for different prey and targets in all ranges of lights and against different backgrounds and terrain.
- EZ Tap is a highly innovative, low profile illumination control with 2 soft and ergonomic control buttons designed for easy and fast hand/finger operations.
- Special circuit and housing design for uninterrupted illumination even under heavy recoil.
- 1-click high-tech illumination memory feature gets you right back to the color/brightness setting last used.
Push both buttons at same time and hold to enter 36 colour reticle mode
The Mil-Dot Reticle was developed by US Marine snipers in the 70s to improve range estimation. It is now the most popular fieldsports crosshair about.
Wide field of view and edge to edge lens clarity makes this a true hunting scope, you'll be able to pick up quarry on the peripheral edge of the sight picture.
The innovatively designed Leapers 9 dot Mil Dot reticle has improved upon the standard mil dot by giving you more reference points for quick range estimation during shooting.
Benefits of Illumination
Illumination comes into its own when shooting targets that are either naturally dark or made dark by light conditions such as shadow, dawn dusk, very bright light or night shooting with lamps or night vision kit.
Without Illumination a black reticle can be very hard to make out against the target.
Illumination fixes this problem and gives immediate contrast. Adjust intensity according to the light conditions.
44mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- An excellent medium-large lens size.
- Excellent light capture coupled with fast target acquisition and moving target tracking.
- Great for all light conditions especially good in lower light.
- Multi layer coating gives excellent light transmission and clarity of vision while limiting glare and reflection.
- Variable 4-16x magnification - A good all round level of adjustment.
- Focus from 6 yards.
- Easy and very fast dial adjustment.
- Good close range focus clarity
Finger Click Adjust Lock and Reset Windage and Elevation Turrets:
Windage/elevation target turret with center hex screw to control zero locking, zeroing and zero resetting functions
1/4 MOA at 100 yards
Lock and reset - instructions supplied
Parallax effect is the term that describes the difference in angles between objects that are seen up close and those seen far away. When you look at telephone poles passing by on the side of the road, those closest to your car seem to pass very fast, while the ones far away seem to go very slow. That difference is due to the parallax effect.
The reticle in your scope is like a telephone pole that's very close. If you move your head on the stock while watching the target through the scope the reticle may seem to move, wobble or blur against the target. That affects where you perceive the aim point to be, and that affects your accuracy. Parallax focus correction adjustment reduces this phenomenon to the greatest extent possible.
Parallax focus correction therefore is a must for anyone attempting to use either a high magnification scope, shooting drastically different yardages with the same scope or anyone attempting to shoot at extremely close ranges or extremely long ranges. Especially so if it is a combination of these factors.
This scope features Parallax focus correction by way of the side turret which has a range of adjustment settings from 10 yards upwards.
Large sidewheels (60, 80, 100mm) not included but in our shop and can be added on. If you cannot find it just ask us.
Leapers True Strength Platform = Mega strong recoil proof scopes
Leapers have designed an ultra strong 1 piece scope basically.
Using what they call smart spherical structure (SSS) to achieve simplified and strengthened inner/outer tube interaction for exceptionally precise and responsive W/E adjustment and super tough resistance against a lifetime of recoil.
Dealer test results
To see pictures and video of the tests go to Leapers.com and type 4-16x44 into the search box in the top right corner. Go to the 4-16x44 page and click on the tab that says "TS Platform" Wait for the intro video to play and then click on the Real World Testing and Expert Reviews link.
Dealer test results
Air rifle kick - spring air rifles, unlike firearms, kick both ways and harder forwards. This 2 way snap can be fatal for scopes. The hardest recoil springer in the business is Webley's Patriot (AKA the Kodiak) which is known to bruise shoulders if held too loose or a headache if held too tight!
This scope was tested with 750 shots of the heaviest pellets which were measured at 30lbs/foot in pressure and the scope passed with no problems at all.
Firearms/hunting rifle tests - A .416 Rigby (AKA the "Scope Killer") which has a huge recoil was used on the 3-9x40 and 3-9x50. 350 shots fired and scopes inspected immediately afterwards. Dealer comments: Performed well. Grouping excellent. Optical clarity excellent in a high humidity and temperature environment. Adjustment tracking or point of impact remain reliable.