Quick Detach QD Mount Rings
Leapers UTG 1 Piece QD Lever Lock Weaver Picatinny 30mm Medium Scope Ring to 50mm Lens - M3B40090R2
Leapers UTG Heavy Duty - Heavy Action QD (Quick Detach) LE Grade Precision Machined One Piece Scope Mount Ring
For 30mm Tube scopes with objective lens outer casing diameter maximum 60mm
With picatinny slot on top of each ring for extra accessory fitting
1 piece - Super strong and secure mounting system, for rifle scopes with top bases for accessories such as lasers and lights.
Leapers UTG Max Strength Integral Quick Detach Rings (QD) are among the most durable and versatile quick detachable mounting system available.
- Model: M3B40090R2 Medium profile (matte black)
- Material: Aluminum with steel fittings for huge strength.
- Base Fitting: Weaver or Picatinnny base
See http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/blog/?p=50 if unsure how to determine what you have.
- Tube Size: To fit 30mm diameter body tube scopes.
- Suit scopes with lens sizes upto outer objective size of 60mm - that equals about a 50mm lens but if you are at this limit please measure the outer casing diamater first as scope models do vary.
- Base to ring bottom (saddle) = 15mm
Easy to use spring tensioned design and fine adjustment mechanism that means they can be used on even low quality or worn rails.
Tight tolerance control and repeatable positive locking for optimal re-zero
Mil spec Type III class 2 hardcoat anodizing for scratch and wear resistance
Milled steel cross bolts to ensure the tightest possible tolerance and super firm grip on any weaver/picatinny rail.
Precision machined from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy with anodized black matte finish.
- Ring top weaver/picatinny rail with single slot. Great for fitting things like lasers and torches or offset bases for crocodile set up
- Fully adjustable to fit on any weaver/Picatinny rail.
- High quality synthetic protective tape applied on rings internal surface to protect scope body.
- Tight tolerance control and repeatable positive locking for optimal re-zero performance.
- Extensively field tested under extreme operations and well received by field experts and law enforcement personnel.
Quick Detach and Lock
Scope size fitting considerations:
Typically this mount is suitable for upto 50mm lens scopes. The Leapers stated measure is 60mm but that refers to the OUTER diameter of the lens where you must take the lens casing and, if you have them, things like flip up caps into account. If in doubt go up a size to high profile or ask me if unsure.
In addition if you have a rifle with a raised base where the scope is raised above the body further than normal then this may mean that a lower profile mount will work well and might be better than a higher model.
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 30mm diameter body tube this means deducting 15mm.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension required - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring - the 'C' dimension that is shown above.
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body. The saddle on these mounts is -
Worked Example -
- A scope has an outer case measurement of 58mm.
- 58 divided by 2 = 29.
- 29 minus 15 = 14mm
- So the mount must have a saddle measure (base of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 14mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way does assume your dovetail or base is not raised above or below your rifles barrel. Note some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.