Leapers UTG Accushot
Leapers UTG QD Weaver Picatinny 1" 25mm High Scope Mount Rings upto 60mm Lens - RQ2W1204
Sale is for 2 - two - a pair - of rings
- Precision machined from aircraft-grade aluminum alloy with anodized black matte finish.
- Robust and user friendly ergonomic Quick Detach/Lock lever.
- High quality synthetic protective tape applied on rings internal surface to protect scope body.
- Extensively field tested under extreme operations and well received by field experts and law enforcement personnel.
QD Quick Detach type: Leapers UTG Quick Detach Rings are among the most durable and versatile quick detachable mounting system available.
- Model: RQ2W1204 High profile (matte black)
- Material: Aluminum with steel fittings for huge strength.
- Tube Size: To fit 25mm (1 inch) diameter body tube scopes.
- Typically suit upto 60mm lens scopes - (65mm maximum outer objective measure - see clearance guide below
- Base to ring bottom (saddle) = 20mm
- Weight - approx. 180 grams (6.4oz)
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 1" diameter body tube diameter this would mean deducting 12.7mm and 15mm for scopes with a 30mm diameter body tube.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring - the 'C' dimension - 20mm - that is shown above.
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body.
- An example 1" tube 4-16x44 scope has an outer case measurement of 51mm.
- 51 divided by 2 = 25.5.
- 1" scope so deduct 12.7mm = 12.8mm
- So the mount must have a saddle measure (base of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 12.8mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way does assume your dovetail or base is not raised above or below your rifles barrel. Note some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.
The "stock" photo - you are buying a pair of these, in the box, brand new.
Leapers, Inc., headquartered in Michigan, U.S.A., has been in the business of supplying shooting, hunting and outdoor gear since 1991. The Accushot, UTG and 5th Gen ranges of scopes and mounts are finding an ever greater following in both the USA and Europe due to an ever increasing reputation for great quality as well as very reasonable prices.
Leapers do manufacture some products in the USA but most are still made in China yet to a very exacting and precise USA quality standard and all products are shipped to the US for checking and onward sale or export. So you can be sure that what you are getting is top quality and essentially "made in USA" quality and carry a lifetime warranty for manufacturing quality.
Do beware of cheap copies though, the China/Far east direct sales market is full of cheap copies, that, credit to them, look very good but are not made to the same quality standard and do not have any warranty. As a rule, if the Leapers product you are looking at is too cheap to be true then it is probably IS to cheap to be true - so be wary.