34mm Tube -
- Ring is 34mm diameter.
- To suit scopes with 34mm diameter tubes.
Medium Profile Height -
- 15mm base to bottom of ring "Saddle" and 32mm center height.
- Suit scopes with UPTO maximum 63mm OUTER objective diameter i.e., not the actual lens size.
- In practice this means in most cases scopes upto approx. 56mm lens when on a flat base.
- However if base is raised or end of scope will be over barrel with more space then larger lens scopes may be used.
- This is down to the user to determine we can only give broad guidelines.
- See scope clearance guide at bottom of page.
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 1" diameter body tube diameter this would mean deducting 12.7mm and 15mm for scopes with a 30mm diameter body tube. For 34mm, deduct 17mm.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension required - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring - the 'C' dimension that is shown above.
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body. The saddle on these mounts is -
- A 50mm objective lens scope is measured and found to have an outer case measurement of 58mm.
- 58 divided by 2 = 29.
- 34mm scope so deduct 17mm = 12mm
- So the mount must have a saddle measure (base of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 12mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way does assume the base is basic flat, not raised above or below your rifles barrel. Note some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.