Leapers UTG Accushot
Leapers UTG Twist Lock 30mm Scope Weaver/Picatinny Mounts - Medium - RG2W3154
Leapers UTG 20-22mm base Weaver/Picatinny Mounts for 30mm Scopes - For 30-50mm Scopes with Twist Lock Spring tension control Thumbscrew Fittings
Heavy Duty - Heavy Action, easy Twist Lock Quick Detach and attach mounts from Leapers UTG.
- 2 piece - 4 screw - QD mounts. Leapers code RG2W3154
- Twin screw top plates (allen key adjust) Allen key included.
- Thumb nut twist lock for Quick Detatch and fitting.
- Base Fitting: Weaver or Picatinny 20-22mm.
- Tube Size: To fit 30mm diameter body tube scopes.
- In general suit 32-50mm lens scopes.
- 15mm saddle height (bottom of base to bottom of ring.)
For 30mm Tube scopes and 20mm wide weaver/picatinny base - NOT airgun 9-11mm dovetail. To fit to 9-11mm rail an adapter is required > See Related products at bottom of page for adapters.
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 30mm diameter body tube this means deducting 15mm.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension required - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring - the 15mm 'C' dimension that is shown above.
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body. The saddle on these mounts is -
Worked Example -
- A scope has an outer case measurement of 58mm.
- 58 divided by 2 = 29.
- 29 minus 15 = 14mm
- So the mount must have a saddle measure (base of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 14mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way does assume your dovetail or base is not raised above or below your rifles barrel. Note some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.