Nikko Match Mounts Mk2
Nikko Match Mounts mk2 30mm 3/8" 9-11mm Base High NSMM3038H
Nikko Stirling Match Mounts mk2 - 30mm tube - Airgun/.22 Dovetail 3/8" 9-11mm dovetail Base - high profile 21mm base to bottom of ring - NSMM3038H -
Sale is for 2 - a pair - of mounts
Machined from Aircraft Aluminum Alloy with Twin screws top and bottom for secure scope and rail grip and no recoil or scope shift
- Base: Fits airgun and .22 rimfire type dovetail base rails of 9-11mm and 3/8" width. See http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/blog/?p=50 if unsure how to determine what you have.
- Ring Diameter: 30mm tube scope
- Height: HIGH - Distance from base of mount to bottom of ring (the saddle) is 21mm (0.82")
Scope Lens size suitability and clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 30mm diameter body tube this means deducting 15mm.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension required - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring - 21mm for these mounts
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body. The saddle on these mounts is -
Worked Example -
- A scope has an outer case measurement of 58mm.
- 58 divided by 2 = 29.
- 29 minus 15 = 14mm
- So the mount must have a saddle measure (base of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 14mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
- So with a 21mm saddle there will be 7mm clearance in this example with these mounts. Comfotable and OK for most situations unless you need more or less for user specific reasons.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way does assume your dovetail or base is not raised above or below your rifles barrel. Note some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.
- Recoil stop pin
- High quality synthetic protective tape on rings inner surface to protect your scope.
- Allen key included