Nikko Mountmaster 3-9x40 Parallax AO Illuminated Rifle Scope Half Mil Dot + Mount rings
Nikko Stirling Mountmaster 3-9x40 AO Parallax Red-Green Illuminated half mil dot reticle Rifle Scope with 9-11mm Airgun/Rimfire Mount Rings
Mounts to fit it onto a standard air rifle base are included
Nikko Match Rings to fit 3/8" (9-11mm) width dovetail grooved air gun type base are supplied. If you need, for example, 20mm weaver/picatinny mounts then you will need to buy them in addition to the scope. See bottom of page for suggestions.
This is a superb top manufacturer scope - Premium quality rifle scope at a budget price.
>>> 6 Power level Red and Green Illuminated Half Mil Dot reticule for reliable and effective range estimating. Turn off for plain black cross hairs.
>>> 25mm/1 inch tube with multi coated lenses for excellent light transmission and visual clarity
>>> For all types of air rifle and rimfire
- Full size 1 piece 25mm tube
- Waterproof - Shockproof - Fogproof - Exceptionally Recoil proof
- Nitrogen filled and sealed tube
- Crystal clear vision through fully multi emerald coated camera quality lenses
- Exceptional focus clarity at all ranges
- Parallax adjustable from 10 yards to infinity gives you much easier and faster focus at a variery of ranges.
Genuine Nikko Stirling rifle scope. UK importer supplied with UK warranty.
Half Mil Dot Reticle cross-hairs - Red and Green Illuminated
With red and green illumination options (you can have it turned off for normal black)
- Red is very good in low light, dawn and dusk it gives you a much better contrast of the reticle against target and background - If all is black this is difficult. Red illumination makes it all sharp and clear.
- Green is ideal in very bright conditions for the same reasons red is good in low light.
Developed by US Marine snipers in the 1970's the mil dot is one of the most popular all round hunting cross hairs types.
Mil dot is very popular in all areas of shooting, once you get the hang of it you can easily and quickly estimate ranges to targets and set aim points.
40mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- A great medium size lens that gives you superb light capture and transmission resulting in a truly excellent view.
- Fast target acquisition and moving target tracking.
- Fully multi coated with emerald to protect and limit glare and reflections (looks) the business too.
3-9x variable magnification
- A popular all round variable magnification that is especially well suited to air rifle shooting ranges.
- Very easy and very fast dial adjustment.
- Exceptional clarity through premium A grade camera quality lens.
Ocular focus at 5 yards. Parallax from 10 yards
Zero it with Windage and Elevation Turrets:
Windage/elevation target turrets with finger click adjustment.
Parallax Focus Adjustment - AO - Adjustable Objective (front lens casing)
Parallax effect is the term that describes the difference in angles between objects that are seen up close and those seen far away. When you look at telephone poles passing by on the side of the road, those closest to your car seem to pass very fast, while the ones far away seem to go very slow. That difference is due to the parallax effect.
The reticle in your scope is like a telephone pole that's very close. If you move your head on the stock while watching the target through the scope the reticle may seem to move, wobble or blur against the target. That affects where you perceive the aim point to be, and that affects your accuracy. Parallax focus correction adjustment reduces this phenomenon to the greatest extent possible.
Parallax focus correction therefore is a must for anyone attempting to use either a high magnification scope, shooting drastically different yardages with the same scope or anyone attempting to shoot at extremely close ranges or extremely long ranges. Especially so if it is a combination of these factors.
This scope features Parallax focus correction
- Parallax yard settings: 30 feet, 50 feet then in yards - 25, 50, 75, 100, 200, 300 and infinity.
- Adjusted by the objective i.e., it is an AO "Adjustable Objective" scope.
- FOV feet at 100 yards: 11.9-35.7
- FOV m at 100m: 4-11.9
- Click Value: 7mm at 100m - 1/4 MOA with 30 each way MOA up-down and left-right
- Eye Relief: 85mm / 3.3"
- Parallax: 9m/10 yards to infinity
- Reticle: Half Mil dot
- Length: 322mm / 12.7"
- Weight: 380g / 13.4oz
- A - 32.2 / 12.6
- B - 13.1 / 5.15
- C - 4.8 / 1.88
- D - 5.05 / 1.98
- E - 8.8 / 3.46
- F - 10.3 / 4.05
- G - 5.36 / 2.11
- H - 4.2 / 1.65
- I - 2.54 / 1