Nikko Sport Match Mounts
Nikko Sport Match LOW 30mm Picatinny Tactical Scope Mount Rings NSSM30WL
Pair - 2 rings supplied
Heavy duty rugged mount ring design and build to suit even the heaviest of applications and recoil
30mm Tube -
- Ring is 30mm diameter.
- To suit scopes with 30mm diameter tubes.
Low Profile Height -
Base plate to ring centerline 21.35mm (6.35mm base plate to ring bottom)
Clamp bottom to ring centerline 27.96mm
Overall Height 44.88mm
- 6.35mm base to bottom of ring "Saddle"
- In practice this means in most cases scopes upto approx. 32mm lens when on a flat base.
- However if base is raised or end of scope will be over barrel with more space then larger lens scopes may be used.
- This is down to the user to determine we can only give broad guidelines.
- See scope clearance guide at bottom of page.
- Heavy duty thumbscrew lock
- 6 top plate screws to hold your scope firmly in place
- Designed for Weaver/Picatinny rail fitting
- Solid CNC machined high grade aluminium construction for superior strength
- Configuration: 2 Piece
- Ring Size (Diameter): 30mm
- Height: Low
- Rail: Picatinny/Weaver
- Fixings (Rail & Top Cap): Rail thumbscrew and 6 screw top,plate
- Internal Cushion: NO
- Retractable 'Recoil Stop' Pin: NO - uses crossbolt lock bolt
- Overall Height: 44.88mm /
- Weight: 176 grams
- For base rails that look like the one pictured below. (Base rail NOT included)
- 20-22mm wide with horizontal slots.
- May vary in length and be 2 smaller sections on some rifles.
- If you do not have a base that looks similar to this, and have for example, an 11mm wide dovetail groove then the mounts can only be made to fit by also purchasing an adapter.
- Please ask us if unsure.
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 1" diameter body tube diameter this would mean deducting 12.7mm and 15mm for scopes with a 30mm diameter body tube.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension required - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring.
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body. The saddle on these mounts is 6.35mm
- A 32mm objective lens scope is measured and found to have an outer case measurement of 40mm.
- 40 divided by 2 = 20
- 30mm scope so deduct 15mm = 5mm
- So the mount must have a measure (bottom of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 5mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way does assume the base is basic flat, not raised above or below your rifles barrel. Note some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.