FFP - First focal plane
Side Parallax focus turret includes illumination unit
- Image and reticle increase in same proportion
- Turrets are in 1/10 MIL increments (1cm @ 100m) Military standard
- Excellent Field of view
Glass etched illuminated PRR Precision Mil reticle
- Parallax adjustment starting from 10yds
- Rugged all caliber proof design
Precision PRR Mil Reticle - Red Illuminated - Etched Glass - First Focal Plane
- Fully multi-coated lenses
- Well sized Mil target turrets
- Nikko Worldwide Warranty
- Waterproof, shockproof, nitrogen purged
Advanced mil reticle in FFP
FFP = the image and reticle increase/decrease always in the same proportion. This allows fast and easy drop compensation and range finding.
Benefits of Glass Etched Reticles and Illumination
Glass-etched reticles are superior to wire for several reasons, most notable is how much more crisp, fine and clean your view is when you look thorough the scope.
A glass etched reticle, also cannot be broken. Anyone who has shot enough has seen a wire reticle actually break within the reticle field. As the reticle design is etched into the reticle lens, it is static and cannot physically be broken.
All illuminated scopes with glass-etched reticles have the added benefit of zero internal light reflection which occurs to some extent in illuminated scopes with wire reticles.
This superior design requires an additional cost, but even if you don’t plan to use the illumination, the glass-etched reticle is a feature with value to the shooter.
Illumination comes into its own when shooting targets that are either naturally dark or made dark by light conditions such as shadow, dawn dusk, very bright light or night shooting with lamps or night vision kit.
Without Illumination a black reticle can be very hard to make out against the target. Illumination fixes this problem and gives immediate contrast. Adjust intensity according to the light conditions.
44mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- Fully multi coated for excellent clarity.
- 44mm diameter - Excellent all round medium size
- Combined with 34mm tube offers superb light transmission for a crisp, clear view.
4-16x variable magnification
Easy, fast magnification dial adjustment - easy to use with gloves on
Parallax and Target Turrets with dual Illumination control
- Adjust from 4x to 16x.
- A great magnification range for general purpose hunting and targets.
- Parallax from 10 yards / 9.1m
- Fast focus eyebell
- Red index mark on the magnification ring for fast acquisition.
Parallax effect is the term that describes the difference in angles between objects that are seen up close and those seen far away. When you look at telephone poles passing by on the side of the road, those closest to your car seem to pass very fast, while the ones far away seem to go very slow. That difference is due to the parallax effect.
The reticle in your scope is like a telephone pole that's very close. If you move your head on the stock while watching the target through the scope the reticle may seem to move, wobble or blur against the target. That affects where you perceive the aim point to be, and that affects your accuracy.
Parallax focus correction adjustment reduces this phenomenon to the greatest extent possible.
Parallax focus correction therefore is a must for anyone attempting to use either a high magnification scope, shooting drastically different yardages with the same scope or anyone attempting to shoot at extremely close ranges or extremely long ranges. Especially so if it is a combination of these factors.
This scope features Parallax focus correction bu way of the side turret
Note - Currently Nikko do not produce an optional compatible larger sidewheel
- Chassis: 34mm Mono-tube
- Magnification range: 4-16x
- Objective: 44mm
- Reticle: PRR Precision Mil - etched glass
- Illumination: Red - 11 brightness levels
- Focus/Parallax: 9.1m / 10 yards to infinity by side focus turret
- Field of View: m @100m / ft @100yds 2.4-8.9m / 7.3 - 26.8ft
- Eye relief: 90mm / 3.5″
- Length: 340mm / 13.3″
- Weight: 680g / 24.2oz
- Material: Aluminium
- Ocular Type: Fast Focus
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated
- Power Selector Style: Knurled fast select with index marker
- Elevation and Windage Increment: 1/10 MIL
- Elevation and Windage Adjustment Range: 35 Mil
- Turret Caps: No
- Turret Type: Low Profile Target
- Elasticated Lens Covers
- Lens Cloth