Nikko Stirling Mountmaster 6x40 Parallax AO Rifle Scope with Half Mil dot reticle with 3/8" / 9-11mm airgun base dovetail fitting Mount Rings with recoil stop pin
Mounts to fit it onto a rifle included
Rings to fit 3/8" (9-11mm) width dovetail grooved air gun type base are supplied. They are factory packed so can't be swapped out for another type. If you need, for example, 20mm weaver mounts then you will need to buy them in addition to the scope. If you have rings already and are unsure if they will fit then what is needed are medium mounts with 25mm ring. If unsure what you need then measure across between the grooves on top of your rifle. If this is not possible contact me with details of your rifle make and model, or see this guide - http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/blog/?p=50 Rifle scopes mounts guide.
This is a superb top manufacturer scope - A quality rifle scope at a budget price.
>>> Half Mil Dot reticule for reliable and effective range estimating.
>>> 25mm/1 inch tube with multi coated lenses giving you huge light transmission and wonderful visual clarity
>>> For air rifles and rimfire - NOT centerfire.
- Full size 1 piece 25mm tube
- Waterproof - Shockproof - Fogproof - Exceptionally Recoil proof
- Nitrogen filled and sealed tube
- Crystal clear vision through fully multi emerald coated camera quality lenses
- Exceptional focus clarity at all ranges
- Parallax adjustable from 10 yards to infinity gives you much easier and faster focus at a variety of ranges.
Genuine Nikko Stirling rifle scope. UK importer supplied with UK warranty.
Half Mil cross-hairs
Half mil dot simply adds smaller dashes inbetween the main mils. This gives you even more holdover points and range estimating potential.
Developed by US Marine snipers in the 1970's the mil dot is one of the most popular all round hunting cross hairs types.
Mil dot is very popular in all areas of shooting, once you get the hang of it you can easily and quickly estimate ranges to targets and set aim points.
40mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- A great medium size lens that gives you superb light capture and transmission resulting in a truly excellent view.
- Fast target acquisition and moving target tracking.
- Fully multi coated with emerald to protect and limit glare and reflections (looks) the business too.
6x fixed magnification
- A popul all round magnification that is especially well suited to air rifle shooting.
- Very easy and very fast dial adjustment.
- Exceptional clarity through premium A grade camera quality lens.
You'll get crystal clear focus at 6 yards.
Zero it with Windage and Elevation Turrets:
Windage/elevation target turrets with finger click adjustment.
120 click range (1/4 MOA)
Parallax Focus Adjustment - AO - Adjustable Objective (front lens casing)
Parallax effect is the term that describes the difference in angles between objects that are seen up close and those seen far away. When you look at telephone poles passing by on the side of the road, those closest to your car seem to pass very fast, while the ones far away seem to go very slow. That difference is due to the parallax effect.
The reticle in your scope is like a telephone pole that's very close. If you move your head on the stock while watching the target through the scope the reticle may seem to move, wobble or blur against the target. That affects where you perceive the aim point to be, and that affects your accuracy. Parallax focus correction adjustment reduces this phenomenon to the greatest extent possible.
Parallax focus correction therefore is a must for anyone attempting to use either a high magnification scope, shooting drastically different yardages with the same scope or anyone attempting to shoot at extremely close ranges or extremely long ranges. Especially so if it is a combination of these factors.
This scope features Parallax focus correction
- Parallax yard settings: 30 feet, 50 feet then in yards - 25, 50, 75, 100, 200, 300 and infinity.
- Adjusted by the objective i.e., it is an AO "Adjustable Objective" scope.
Dimensions and Specification
- Magnification: x6 fixed
- Obj. Diameter (mm) : 40mm
- FOV (m at 100m) 7.3 / 23.9 ft
- Click Value: 7 / 1/4 MOA
- E/W range (MOA): 30
- Eye Relief (mm) 85mm / 3.4 inches
- Tube Diameter: 1 inch/25mm
- Length: 323mm / 12.7"
- Weight: 326 grams / 11.5oz
- Parallax (m) 9.1m/10 yards to infinity
- Illuminated Reticle: No
- Reticle: Half Mil Dot
- Colour and finish: Matte black