Nikko Stirling Octa 8x
Nikko Stirling Octa 1-8x24 No4 Illuminated Reticle x-FOV Hunter 30mm rifle scope
Octa Advanced 8x Zoom – cross over for close and long distance shoots.
Wide Field Of View helps fast target acquisition and overview before and after the shoot.
Precise engraved etched 4 Dot reticle with very high resolution for crisp images.
Designed for hunting
A daylight bright and efficient illumination to help shooting in all conditions.
All calibre rated and supported by Nikko Stirling Warranty
Mount rings to fit it onto a rifle ARE NOT included
If you need mount rings you will need to purchase them in addition to the scope. See shop and look for low profile models for 30mm tube for whatever rifle base you have. Please ask if unsure. We can also help with picatinny adapter bases for rifles such as Tikka, SAKO, CZ, Ruger, Remington, Howa, Weatherby, Marlin etc. See Britannia Rails section for many picatinny adapter bases
- 4 Dot Red illuminated Engraved Glass Reticle
- 30mm monotube for superior strength and light transmission
- 1/2 MOA click (15mm@100m)
- Hunting turrets
- Parallax fixed at 100 yards/91m
- Fully multicoated lenses
Illuminated No4 centre dot reticle - Etched glass - Illuminated Centre Dot
Benefits of Glass Etched Reticles and Illumination
Etched glass reticle - The reticle is laser etched onto the lens glass giving a beautiful crisp and clear view, much more so than with a standard wire reticle.
The etching also makes it totally immune to recoil shock - it will never break or come loose as can happen with wire reticles.
In addition it eliminates all internal light reflection from use of the IR function, this again is a problem with wire reticle scopes.
Illuminated reticle function
- In low light or very bright light targets can appear dark and shadowed.
- The standard black reticle in such situations is very hard to contrast against the target, especially if you are taking a shot under pressure on a sudden target of opportunity and/or moving target.
24mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- Fully multi coated for excellent clarity.
- 24mm diameter - Low bulk, ideal for close range, driven hunts, big game
- 8x Magnification - Adjust from 1x to 8x.
- A great magnification range for general purpose short to medium range hunting.
- Easy cross over for close and medium distance shoots.
- Easy and very fast dial adjustment.
- Ocular eyebell focus close up at low mag
- Chassis: 30mm Mono-tube
- Magnification range: 1-8x
- Objective: 24mm
- Reticle: No4 A dot etched glass
- Illumination: Red and off for black
- Focus/Parallax: 100 yards / 91m
- Field of View feet at 100 yards 15.9 - 127.7 and m at 100m 5.3 - 42.6
- Eye relief: 90mm / 3.5"
- Length: 275mm / 10.8″
- Material: Aluminum
- Ocular Type: Fast Focus
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated
- Power Selector Style: Easy Grip
- Elevation and Windage Increment: 1/2 MOA
- Elevation and Windage Adjustment Range: 200 MOA
- Turret Caps: Yes
- Turret Type: Low Profile low snag hunting
- Elasticated Lens Covers
- Lens Cloth
- CR2032 battery
Very good scope for a resonable price
First i would like to say it sends very fast every time.
I have bought a few scopes from this place and it takes less then a week for it to arrive in sweden .
And also fast answers for questions on email.
This nikko stirling octa 1-8 is worth what you pay for it for sure it has the almost perfect (true 1x) just like the other nikko models Metor/diamond but has a much longer eye relief so you can aim alot faster and have no fear of getting hit from the scope as you fire the rifle.
Many other scopes i have tried that claim to have 1x for example leupold really have a 1.25 och 1.5 and it is very irritating for the eye but this scope is very close to 1x and has no magnification that i can see.
I got the scope thursday and shot a few rounds friday to zero it and then i shot a deer on saturday so it was fast and easy and works well with my .308
Not to heavy but also a very nice quality feel to it both tube and turrets.
There are big jumps with every click on the turrets around 15mm so it is not for extreme precision shooting it is made for hunting just keep this in mind when you buy.
The illuminated reticle is very weak just like the other nikko stirling scopes the red is almost invisible even at a grey day with no sun and alot of clouds.
the green is much better but also not very strong i thin the illumination is just made for the night because it is way to weak for the day.
Overall this scope is very good for what you pay i am very happy with the one i got and that is is up tp 8x is a big boost because the most common ones here is 1-6 and if you need that extra 2x for a deer out far on a field it is great.
Very good value for my money i think i.
I also have a vortex viper 1-6 and i would say they are about even in the overall feeling and quality and the glass.
But the vortex is 1-6 so i think the octa with 1-8 is a bit better value when they are almost same in price"
|Length||275mm / 10.8″|