9-11mm Dovetail airgun/rimfire base fit - for 30mm tube scopes with maximum outer objective case diameter of 75mm. (see clearance guide below for how to determine if it is the right fit)
Precision CNC Made in the UK scope mount rings. Made from Aluminum 7075T6 with Mil spec 30 micron hard anodised finish.
One of the key points to accuracy in manufacture is to minimise the number of operations required to complete the machining process
Tier One has invested in new technology and in doing this have been able to cut the number of operations required from eight to two
By doing this, there is no accuracy loss due to re setting for different operations.
Built in anti-cant bubble - A great feature that helps you eliminate cant in order to ensure your set up is precise and accurate.
Best in class - True quality with a sleek finish to complement the very best airguns and rimfire rifles
38mm base to centre line. 23mm Base to bottom of ring (Saddle)
- 30mm tube
- High Height - Upto 75mm outer case objective diameter (good for most 40mm AO to 62mm lens scopes)
- No lapping required when fitted to quality base rail
- Four screw ring caps for secure optic mounting
- Mill spec 30 micron hard anodised finish
- One hit machining to ensure repeatability
- Supplied in hard plastic case complete with Torx bits
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 30mm diameter body tube this means deducting 15mm.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension required - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring - 23mm in this case
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of the position on the rifle where the objective bell with be located.
The saddle on these mounts is 23mm
Worked Example -
- A scope has an outer case measurement of 64mm.
- 64 divided by 2 = 32.
- 32 minus 15 = 17mm
- So the mount must have a saddle measure (base of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 17mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
- As we have 23mm we have 6mm clear. A good fit that will allow use of flip caps etc while still being nicely close to the rifle to maximise elevation flexibility.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way does assume your dovetail or base is not raised above or below your rifles barrel.
Note some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.