Hawke Reach Forward Mounts
Hawke 30mm High Profile 9-11mm Airgun Base 2" Reach Forward Scope Mount Rings - 22123
Hawke 30mm High Profile 9-11mm Airgun Base 2" Reach Forward Scope Mount RingsHawke model code 22123
Anodised in matte black with double screw ring clamp design and cushion tape.
- Double Hex screws
- Internal cushion tape (prevents scope damage)
- 30mm Scope Tube
- 2" Reach Forward configuration
- Fitting Airgun/.22 3/8" 9-11mm bases by way of reversible dovetail clamp
- Suit upto 56mm lens scopes.
Summary of Features:
- Configuration: 2 Piece (2″ Reach Forward)
- Ring Size (Diameter): 30mm / 1.2"
- Height: High
- Rail: 9-11mm
- Fixings (Rail & Top Cap): Double Hex Screw
- Internal Cushion: Yes
- Retractable 'Recoil Stop' Pin: Yes
- Height: 50mm / 1.9"
- Weight: 122g / 4.3oz
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 30mm diameter body tube this means deducting 15mm.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring - the 17mm dimension that is shown above.
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body.
- A scope has an outer case measurement of 52mm (scopes with 40-44mm lenses tend to be in this area of outer case size)
- 52 divided by 2 = 26.
- 30mm scope so deduct 15mm = 11mm
- So the mount must have a saddle measure (base of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 11mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way does assume your dovetail or base is not raised above or below your rifles barrel. Note some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.