Airmax 30 SF Scopes
Hawke Airmax 30 SF Compact 3-12x40 Etched AMX IR MRAD Rifle Scope + sidewheel 13200
Hawke Airmax scopes offer beautiful 16 layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity. With etched glass reticles they are Waterproof, Shockproof and Nitrogen purged.
The Airmax range is all calibre rated and supported by Hawkes Worldwide Warranty
AMX IR reticle - The AMX reticle is based on the spacing of a 10x Mil Dot. the AMX offers multiple aim points, useful when shooting air guns with loopy trajectories.
Mount rings to fit it onto a rifle ARE NOT included
If you need mount rings you will need to purchase them in addition to the scope. See shop and look for medium profile models for 30mm tube for whatever rifle base you have. Please ask if unsure
>>> Waterproof, Shockproof, Nitrogen purged.
>>> All calibre rated - reticle design makes this model best suited for airguns
>>> Warranty: Hawke Worldwide Warranty
- 16 layer fully multi-coated optics for excellent clarity
- Side focus control for parallax adjustment to infinity
- Wide View optical system, ideal for airguns
- 30mm mono-tube chassis for superior strength
- Integrated adjustable objective for parallax adjustment
- 1/10 MRAD capped, resettable target turrets
- Fast focus eyebell and high torque zoom ring
- Threaded objective/ocular for optional accessories
- The AMX reticle is based on the spacing of a 10x Mil Dot the AMX offers multiple aim points, useful when shooting air guns with loopy trajectories.
- Half Mil dot spacing on the lower post provides increased aim points for long shots.
- The horizontal bars are calculated at 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5 mil spacing. Hollow posts are segmented into mil spacing and can be used for bracketing.
Benefits of Glass Etched Reticles
Etched glass reticle - The reticle is laser etched onto the lens glass giving a beautiful crisp and clear view, much more so than with a standard wire reticle.
The etching also makes it totally immune to recoil shock - it will never break or come loose as can happen with wire reticles.
40mm Fully Multi Coated Lens:
- 16 layer fully multi coated for excellent clarity.
- 40mm diameter - Excellent all round medium/large size. A good blend of size without bulk
- Adjust from 3x to 12x.
- A great magnification range for general purpose hunting.
- Very Easy and very fast dial adjustment.
Fast focus eyebell
Easy, effective focus.
Parallax Focus Adjustment - SF - Side Focus Turret Adjust
Parallax effect is the term that describes the difference in angles between objects that are seen up close and those seen far away. When you look at telephone poles passing by on the side of the road, those closest to your car seem to pass very fast, while the ones far away seem to go very slow. That difference is due to the parallax effect.
The reticle in your scope is like a telephone pole that's very close. If you move your head on the stock while watching the target through the scope the reticle may seem to move, wobble or blur against the target. That affects where you perceive the aim point to be, and that affects your accuracy. Parallax focus correction adjustment reduces this phenomenon to the greatest extent possible.
Parallax focus correction therefore is a must for anyone attempting to use either a high magnification scope, shooting drastically different yardages with the same scope or anyone attempting to shoot at extremely close ranges or extremely long ranges. Especially so if it is a combination of these factors.
This scope features Parallax focus correction by way of the adjustable side turret and 75mm sidewheel which is included..
- Chassis: 30mm Mono-tube
- Magnification range: 3-12x
- Objective: 40mm
- Reticle: AMX IR Dot
- Illumination: Red. 6 levels with off positions inbetween
- Focus/Parallax: 9m/10 yards to infinity
- Field of View: m @100m / ft @100yds 14.6-3.6m / 43.7-10.9ft
- Eye relief: 76mm / 3″
- Length: 277mm / 10.9″
- Weight: 589g / 20.8oz
- Material: Aluminum
- Exit Pupil: 13.3 - 3.3mm / 0.52 - 0.13″
- Ocular Type: Fast Focus
- Lens Coating: Fully Multi-Coated - 16 Layers
- Power Selector Style: Rubber coated Posi-Grip
- Elevation and Windage Increment: 1/10 MRAD
- Elevation and Windage Adjustment Range: 30 MRAD
- Turret Caps: YES
- Turret Type: Capped target turrets
- Elasticated Lens Covers
- Lens Cloth
- 75mm sidewheel