Hawke Match Mounts
Hawke Match 30mm 1 PIECE - HIGH Rifle Scope Mount Ring - 9-11mm Airgun Rimfire base - 22111
Hawke Match Rifle Scope 1 PIECE Rifle scope Mount Ring - 30mm ring HIGH profile height to fit airgun and rimfire rifle 9-11mm (3/8") dovetail base rail - Hawke model code 22111
Precision engineered from high grade aluminium with rounded edges prevent scope damage.
Please read fitting carefully. Mount returns due to choosing the wrong size are WAY too common and cost us both - and are so easily avoidable! If unsure please ask....
Summary - 1 Piece - 30mm tube - 9-11mm dovetail base fit (airgun and rimfire type) - HIGH profile height with 17mm saddle to best suit 40-56mm lens scopes.
- Double hex screws to hold your scope firmly in place
- Recoil stop pin
- Reversible dove tail clamp that fits 9-11mm and 3/8 inch airgun and rimfire bases
- Internal cushion tape prevents marking and damage
- High grade aluminium anodised in matte black
- Base: Fits 9-11mm width dovetail bases commonly found on airguns and rimfire. See http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/blog/?p=50 if unsure how to determine what you have.
- Ring Diameter: 30mm tube scope
- Saddle Height: HIGH - Distance from base of mount to bottom of ring (the saddle) is 17mm
Scope Lens size suitability - based on scope being fitted onto a flat base rail and scope lens objective being flush to the gun body
- Maximum outer scope case size = 64mm (17mm + 12.5mm ring radius x2)
- This equates to an approx. maximum scope lens size of 56mm as most scope outsides add around 7-12mm.
- Can add more if flip up lens caps are being used so please take this into consideration.
- However if the end of the scope will hang over the gun barrel or if the rail is raised then larger lens scopes can be accommodated.
- Configuration: 1 Piece
- Ring Size (Diameter): 30mm
- Height: High
- Rail: 9-11mm
- Fixings (Rail & Top Cap): Double Hex Screw
- Internal Cushion: Yes
- Retractable 'Recoil Stop' Pin: Yes
- Height: 50mm / 1.9"
- Weight: 173g / 6.1oz
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 30mm diameter body tube this means deducting 15mm.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension required - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring - 17mm for this mount
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body. The saddle on these mounts is -
Worked Example -
- A scope has an outer case measurement of 58mm.
- 58 divided by 2 = 29.
- 29 minus 15 = 14mm
- So the mount must have a saddle measure (base of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 14mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
- So in this mount with 17mm you will have a nice 3mm clear on a flat base.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way does assume your dovetail or base is not raised above or below your rifles barrel. Note some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.