Hawke Precision Steel
Hawke 1" Steel Precision Weaver/Picatinny Rifle Scope Mount Rings - HIGH 23002
Mount Rings Detail
- Pair - 2 rings supplied
- Thumbscrew rail attach bolts
- Double torx screws to hold your scope firmly in place
- Designed for Weaver/Picatinny rail fitting
- Solid steel construction for superior strength
- Configuration: 2 Piece
- Ring Size (Diameter): 1 inch/25mm
- Height: High
- Rail: Weaver/Picatinny
- Fixings (Rail & Top Cap): Double Torx Screw
- Internal Cushion: NO
- Retractable 'Recoil Stop' Pin: NO
- Total Height: 47mm / 1.9″
- Weight: 174g / 6.1oz
1 inch Tube -
- Ring is 1 inch diameter.
- To suit scopes with 1 inch diameter tubes.
High Profile Height -
- 14mm base to bottom of ring "Saddle" - about 20mm including distance to clamp bottom.
- Gives allowance for approx, maximum scope objective outer diameter of 65mm on a regular picatinny base that is raised to some degree from the rifle body.
- Does not account for rifles like AR platform with rail the full length of the barrel. These require a higher mount or riser
- In practice this means scopes with lenses in the 56mm area depending on if they are AO or not as AO adds a lot of outer case diameter.
- This is down to the user to determine we can only give broad guidelines.
- See scope clearance guide below the image to learn how to size the fitting correctly if unsure.
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 1 inch/25mm diameter body tube diameter this would mean deducting 12.5mm.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension required - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring.
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body. The saddle on these mounts is 20mm for most picatinny/weaver bases or 14mm on a full length rail.
- A 50mm objective lens scope is measured and found to have an outer case measurement of 64mm. Example Hawke Vantage 4-16x50 AO IR 14252
- 64 divided by 2 = 32
- 1" / 25mm tube scope so deduct 12.5mm = 19.5mm
- So the mount must have a measure (bottom of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 19.5mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way assumes the base is a regular raised from the gun body picatinny/weaver rail. Some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.
Base fit - Weaver/Picatinny base -
- For base rails that look like the one pictured below. (Base rail NOT included)
- 20-22mm wide with horizontal slots.
- May vary in length and be 2 smaller sections on some rifles.
- If you do not have a base that looks similar to this, and have for example, an 11mm wide dovetail groove then the mounts can only be made to fit by also purchasing an adapter.
- Please ask us if unsure.