Mount Rings Detail
- Pair - 2 rings supplied
- Thumbscrew rail attach bolts
- Double torx screws to hold your scope firmly in place
- Designed for Weaver/Picatinny rail fitting
- Solid steel construction for superior strength
- Configuration: 2 Piece
- Ring Size (Diameter): 30mm
- Height: Medium
- Rail: Weaver/Picatinny
- Fixings (Rail & Top Cap): Double Torx Screw
- Internal Cushion: NO
- Retractable 'Recoil Stop' Pin: NO
- Total Height: 44mm / 1.7″
- Weight: 158g / 5.6oz
30mm Tube -
- Ring is 30mm diameter.
- To suit scopes with 30mm diameter tubes.
Medium Profile Height -
- 7mm base to bottom of ring "Saddle" - about 13mm including distance to clamp bottom.
- Gives allowance for approx, maximum scope objective outer diameter of 55mm on a regular picatinny base that is raised to some degree from the rifle body.
- Does not account for rifles like AR platform with rail the full length of the barrel. These require a higher mount or riser
- In practice this means in most cases scopes upto approx. 44mm lens when on regular weaver/picatinny base.
- This is down to the user to determine we can only give broad guidelines.
- See scope clearance guide below the image to learn how to size the fitting correctly if unsure.
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 30mm diameter body tube diameter this would mean deducting 15mm.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension required - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring.
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body. The saddle on these mounts is 13mm for most picatinny/weaver bases or 7mm on a full length rail.
So in this case, as long as the base is raised (like in the picture below) then we have 13mm to use, so have a good clearance of 4.5mm
- A 40mm objective lens scope is measured and found to have an outer case measurement of 47mm. (example Hawke Airmax 30 SF Compact 3-12x40)
- 47 divided by 2 = 23.5
- 30mm tube scope so deduct 15mm = 8.5mm
- So the mount must have a measure (bottom of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 8.5mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way assumes the base is a regular raised from the gun body picatinny/weaver rail. Some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.
Base fit - Weaver/Picatinny base -
- For base rails that look like the one pictured below. (Base rail NOT included)
- 20-22mm wide with horizontal slots.
- May vary in length and be 2 smaller sections on some rifles.
- If you do not have a base that looks similar to this, and have for example, an 11mm wide dovetail groove then the mounts can only be made to fit by also purchasing an adapter.
- Please ask us if unsure.