Mount Rings Detail
- Pair - 2 rings supplied
- Quick Release lever
- Double torx screws top plate to hold your scope firmly in place
- Designed for Weaver/Picatinny rail fitting
- Solid steel construction for superior strength
- Configuration: 2 Piece
- Ring Size (Diameter): 1.3" / 34mm
- Height: Low
- Rail: Weaver/Picatinny
- Fixings (Rail & Top Cap): Double Torx Screw
- Internal Cushion: NO
- Retractable 'Recoil Stop' Pin: NO
- Height: 53mm / 2.1″
- Weight: 212g / 7.5oz
34mm Tube -
- Ring is 34mm diameter.
- To suit scopes with 34mm diameter tubes.
Low Profile Height -
Calculating scope to rifle body clearance
- 12mm base to bottom of ring "Saddle"
- Gives allowance for approx, maximum scope objective outer diameter of 57mm on a regular weaver/picatinny base.
- See scope clearance guide below the image to learn how to size the fitting correctly if unsure.
The way you calculate the clearance is by halving the overall OUTSIDE diameter of your rifle scopes objective lens and then deducting half the rifle scopes body tube diameter.
For scopes with a 34mm diameter body tube diameter this would mean deducting 17mm.
Note we say OUTSIDE diameter - this means NOT the lens diameter, you need to measure the whole outer casing diameter.
The result gives you the minimum "saddle" dimension required - the measure from base of mount to bottom of the ring.
The amount the saddle dimension is greater than the figure you have calculated is the amount of clearance your scopes objective will be clear of your rifles body.
The saddle on these mounts is 12mm
So in this example, we have 12mm to use, so have a good clearance of 4mm
- A 40mm objective lens scope is measured and found to have an outer case measurement of 50mm.
- 50 divided by 2 = 25
- 34mm tube scope so deduct 17mm = 8mm
- So the mount must have a measure (bottom of mount to bottom of the ring) greater than 8mm or else it will ground out on the rifle body.
Calculating your rifle scopes clearance in this way assumes the base is a regular raised from the gun body picatinny/weaver rail. Some rifles with high or adjustable cheek pieces may require higher scope mounts or risers so that your eye is in line with the rifle scope and your head is kept in an upright comfortable position.
Base fit - Weaver/Picatinny base -
- For base rails that look like the one pictured below. (Base rail NOT included)
- 20-22mm wide with horizontal slots.
- May vary in length and be 2 smaller sections on some rifles.
- If you do not have a base that looks similar to this, and have for example, an 11mm wide dovetail groove then the mounts can only be made to fit by also purchasing an adapter.
- Please ask us if unsure.